cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we install ECC 6.0 (ABAP stack) and EP 700 in the single system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At present we have the running system, which is having DEV and QA instance of ECC 6.0. We are planning to implement EP in near future. So my question is, is it possible to install EP dev instance on the same system after adding the 3GB Ram and some more space to the existing system?

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, this is possible (provided you have the resources). You have a couple of options:

-- Install a standalone EP on the same box.

-- Install EP in the Java add-in in your ERP system.

Both options have pros and cons. EP as a standalone system is more flexible.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanx a lot for replying my...is it the supported scenario by SAP? I have read somewhere in the portal that this kind of scenario is not possible because of AS JAVA factor. Plz shed some more light on the future implications related to the same or any technical reason behind this.

With regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, it is a supported scenario by SAP. At one time during Ramp-up, there were technical limitations, but these have been lifted. See SAP Note 883948.

The main factors about this scenario have to to with lifecycle management and security. If the systems are combined, they have to be patched and upgraded together. Also, if they are combined, there is no possibility of a firewall between them.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanx a ton for sharing the information...:))

With best regards,

Amit

Answers (0)