cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make search field read only in IF_FPM_GUIBB_SEARCH

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anyone know how to make a search field attribute read only in IF_FPM_GUIBB_SEARCH ?

Cheers

JSP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I'm not sure you can do it via code but you should be able to set the search field as read only via WD configuration.

Regards

Glen

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheers mate

Trouble is the requirement is for it to be dynamic based on users authorization.

JSP

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey John,

You could use 2 separate configurations and for the admin types who need more search functionality, give them an additional separate transaction (as a workaround)? Though that implies identifying these admin types up front with a unique role that would provide this additional transaction.

Or taking a different approach, why would the read-only field appear at all if they can't do anything with that field. If it's not, you could just remove the search field from the definition method couldn't you?

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I think you can use an AppCC to modify the config at runtime.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2306

I've never had the need to do this myself but have always been meaning to try it. I'd be interested to hear how you go with it.

Regards

Glen

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

Thanks for response.

I just read about Context Based Adaptations, and was thinking in the role of the administrator an additional application parameter could be added, then at run time adapt either use - 2 configurations or hide select option for no admin types.

Cheers

JSP

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool. Still think it would be easier just to have 2 configurations, and even doing the switch between the two using code in the application code like SRM does but always like the idea of trying new things too 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

That Context Based Adaptations sounds interesting. Is that only avail from 7.03? I can't find any FPM_ADAPTABLE* components in my 7.02 system...

If I understand it correctly, the configuration is chosen based on a application parameter - is that correct? The only downside I see is that if savvy users work this out then they could bypass your read-only restriction by adding/changing the URL parameters (assuming they can see the URL in the first place, that is). At least with the AppCC you can make the choice of the configuration based on an actual role and protect it it from external influences. But then your requirement might be a usability thing not a strict, security requirement...

I guess too many options is better than none!

Good luck with it.

Regards

Glen

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glen

I think your right in saying CBA is only avail from 7.03.

Many options are better than none, a simple Read Only flag would be the best though

Cheers

JSP

Former Member
0 Kudos

No arguments here. 🙂

Answers (0)