cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target qty field is possible in cj20n material component overview??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

My business scenario we have customer project wherein we have to supply material and some of them we are producing inhouse and rest of taking bought of part. so we are going ot raise PR through PS wherein we can put required qty client required target quantity field in cj20n material component. how to do this??

Regards,

Aryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess there is already a field where you can specify the required quantity. Are you looking for something other than this.

Would be great if you could explain your requirement in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for your reply

required qty is there i want target qty suppose we have delivered (10 qty that is freez qty customer approved)

let say in project is 4 years long in first year we are required 3 qty only simply we can put 3 in required qty field but where in put 10 qty as freez qty.

Regards,

Aryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you add a compnent to a NWA one of the parameters you need to specify is when to release the reservation/purch.req. 

Add your material with your freez quantity and set the Res./Pur.Req to 1-Never.  This will create a plan cost for the material but will never release it to MRP or create a PR.  The plan cost will be added to the project over the dates in the NWA, you'll need to see how this affects your reporting and other calculations that use plan cost.

Then, when you want to really get this material you will add it again with the correct indicator, quantity, and required date.  You will have to reduce the freez quantity by the same amount or you will double your planned cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood correctly current qty and future expected qty. There is no such possibility to define current qty and future qty in the system.

Note that whatever the qty released from network activity system creates PR and then convert to PO. So PR comittments turn to PO comittments.

Whenever there is a Qty change then simply add to existing qty and relase. In this case the existing PR will open (PR comittment) for newly added Qty. Then convert to PO.

Like this you can add on Qty till you satisfy the agreed deliverable quantity.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no concept in SAP for a future vs. current quantity.

When the component assignemnt is released it will either create a reservation (which MRP uses) or it will create a PR directly.

Remember the component assignment also sets the reguired date.  So if you require material at different dates you will need to add a separate component line for the same material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

My post to Aryan to get what he was thinking of target qty and required qty. I have already confirmed that no such functionality in SAP. Let him speak on this one.

Thanks,

Sudhakar