cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Studio: Schema activation error and other issues in Project Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a schema using the Project Explorer - then commit my files and activate them on my SP05 AWS HANA instance. This works, but all of a sudden (seemingly without interaction from my side) the Project Explorer shows a red cross next to my project. Then, if I again try to activate my schemas, I get the message "activation error"... I stopped and re-started the HANA studio, and all was back to normal, until issue number two occurred:

Suddenly, I noticed that in the Project Explorer, there was a red exclamation mark and the error message "Error while initializing team provider"... following that, none of the normal menu items under the "Team" context menu are visible (I can no longer activate, commit etc...) This problem was also resolved by stopping/re-starting the HANA studio. I could then activate my schema as expected.

However, the first issue re-occurred shortly afterwards. The red cross re-appeared, with the message "Could not activate WORKSHOP.hdbschema" when I tried to activate a schema file.

Note that in the Navigator tab, I cannot see my new project/tables under the Catalog, they're instead listed under the "Public Synonyms" node which is a sub-node under the Catalog. This differs from what I see in Thomas Jung's SP05 tutorial video on schema creation.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? The connection to my AWS HANA system is OK; I can see my packages/folders/files by using the Repository Browser tab.

In short, the Project Explorer (but not the other navigation tabs) seems to "loose" contact with the backend repository after 20-30 seconds. Re-starting HANA studio temporarily fixes the issue, but it never lasts long.

Regards,
Trond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Then, if I again try to activate my schemas, I get the message "activation error"...

Are you sure this is really an error.  When you try to activate an object which is already active, you get an error message. However its harmless. The error details state that you are activating an object, but its inactive version doesn't exsist - in other words, there's nothing to do.  This error will be change to informational message in the near future.

>noticed that in the Project Explorer, there was a red exclamation mark and the error message "Error while initializing team provider"...

This is normal. If you restart the HANA System while the Studio is still running the Team Provider doesn't automatically re-connect once the system is available again.  You can Close/Open the project to reconnect or do as you did and restart the Studio.

>Note that in the Navigator tab, I cannot see my new project/tables under the Catalog,

This sounds correct.  If you are creating the objects via the Repository, then _SYS_REPO is the owner.  Even though you activated them, you have no automatic rights to see these objects. Move onto the next video which covers creating roles.  Once you create a role and grant it to yourself you will be able to see these objects in the Catalog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am facing the same problem "Error while initializing team provider" and closing/opening the project or closing and opening HANA studio, did not resolve the Issue. Any suggestions?

regards,

Nikos

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nikos,

I am assuming that you are in AWS instance.

Did you install the Rev. 56 client and studio if not, please do.

Also, after you upgraded did you stop and start using server dos prompt within putty or similar server interface. I had similar problem which was resolved but stopping and starting the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We restarted SAP HANA server & after that we are facing issue i.e. Error initializing team provider.Could not list inactive objects. I tried above mentioned thing:-

>noticed that in the Project Explorer, there was a red exclamation mark and the error message "Error while initializing team provider"...

This is normal. If you restart the HANA System while the Studio is still running the Team Provider doesn't automatically re-connect once the system is available again.  You can Close/Open the project to reconnect or do as you did and restart the Studio.

But i am still facing the issue. Our server is currently on Revision 45.

Need ur help!!!!

Regards,

Kulwinder

Message was edited by: Kulwinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I Have created new schema with schema name "test_schema" , and trying to grant admin role and I have received following error. Can you please help me to resolve the problem

Could not execute 'call "_SYS_REPO"."GRANT_ACTIVATED_ROLE"('proj1.data::workshopadmin','test_schema')' in 2 ms 64 µs . SAP DBTech JDBC: [332]: invalid user name: test_schema: line 1 col 38 (at pos 37)

Regards

Shantanu De

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think the key is right here in your error message: invalid user name: test_schema

You are passing test_schema in as the user you want to grant this role to.  YOu said this was your schema name. Is it also your user?  User names are always upper case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might want to try running the REGI activate on the command line.  This gives you much more information about what is happening in the respository.  You need to do this:

1. navigate to the workspace where you have your code, the root of your package that you have checked out. eg: c:\users\fred\workspace\com\mypackage\

2. set the regi password like  SET REGI_PASSWD=mypassword

3. using the regi.exe (now you need to set the path where regi.exe is installed like set PATH=c:\program file....\sap\....

then on the command line go

regi commit

regi activate

any problems are printed to the screen, then you get a better idea what is wrong.

I always commit and activate on the command line not in the studio as you get easier to read error messages.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

REGI via the command line is not documented nor released for customer or partner usage.  The commands you have described should currently be only used within SAP.

However, these instructions are not necessary.  The complete and identical error information returned by REGI is also available in the Studio. If you look at the properties of the error message in the Studio you will see full message which is an exact capture of what is returned from REGI.