cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Download (chinese Charaters) in Webdynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implemented webdynpro Java program to download the data from Webdynpro Java table to MS Excel, but it is unable to download the Chinese Characters from the Webdynpro app Table to Excel? Wondering if there is any Unicode issue (english-english download) is working fine.

Currently we are on WAS 7.0,

NWDS Version: 7.0.18

Netweaver 04s.

Would really appreciate if you could let me know if there is any Java api / Java class in any package which does not have Unicode limitation, and can handle Chinese Characters?

Currently i am using

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDModifiableBinaryType;

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.url.api.WDWebResourceType;

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swapnil_shelke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using the Apache POI please refer the following:

"Sheets are created by calling createSheet() from an existing instance of Workbook, the created sheet is automatically added in sequence to the workbook. Sheets do not in themselves have a sheet name (the tab at the bottom); you set the name associated with a sheet by calling Workbook.setSheetName(sheetindex,"SheetName",encoding). For HSSF, the name may be in 8bit format (HSSFWorkbook.ENCODING_COMPRESSED_UNICODE) or Unicode (HSSFWorkbook.ENCODING_UTF_16). Default encoding for HSSF is 8bit per char. For XSSF, the name is automatically handled as unicode."

Once you create a sheet with Unicode or UTF_16 it will work. Create the Workbook object by using the org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.

Rregards,

Swapnil