cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCOUNT GROUP IN ERP CUSTOMER IS UN-EDITABLE.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

The account group in ERP CUSTOMER SECTION of the MDG customer create screen is not editable. Can someone please through some light on how to make it editable (drop down). The UIBB is correct, I configured it. Please see the attached screen shot.

Thanks & regards,

Tushar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I have few suggestions. Hope one of them works

1. In the first page of Customer Details section there is a Business partner Id grouping. For me if i select the drop down values then that same value should be selected in the new ERP Customer page as you have shown and on successfully submitting the CR the Customer # gets generated.

2. You can set the role to default like FLCU01 for customer. If you can do that successfully then you can see the dropdown enabled in New ERP customer section. This default of role can be done via handler class enhancement.

3. Lastly go to MDGIMG>ProcessModelling>ChangeRequests>Edit Status of Change Request.

There for each of the statuses as per your requirement you can select the value Execution of Changes to make all fields editable.

Try the 3rd option first.

Thanks,

Subhronath

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Subhronath,

The third option did not work 😞 . Do you have the badi for the second option and sample code if any.

Regards,

Tushar.

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Tushar,

Are you working with MDG 6.1? In that case BADI won't help. You need to enhance the Handler Class.

Let me know and I can send you the required material.

Thanks,

Subhronath

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Subhronath,

I'm using MDG6.1 on EHP6 SP4. That would be great if you can send me the required material. You can email me at tushar.das@hotmail.com.

Regards,

Tushar.

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Sent the doc to your mentioned email. Hope your problem gets resolved

Thanks,

Subhronath

Paras_AU
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhronath,

Could you share the corresponding doc at my email id paras146@gmail.com?..,as well pls

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paras Arora

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

this is neither an error nor a problem. Any workarround to get the account group of the first customer assignment changeable will cause errors and problems instead!

In MDG, the business partner is the leading object (everything that is stored in DB tables BUT***). MDG allows to add customer (DB tables KN**) and/or vendor (DB tables LF**) data. It uses the customer/vendor integration (CVI) to map the BP data to the customer/vendor data. The direction is always BP to customer/vendor.

Now CVI defines some rules and principles w.r.t. to data mapping. One rule affects the grouping and numbering of the BPs and customers/vendors. In CVI customzing there is an option to define the relation of the BP grouping to customer/vendor account groups and which numbering shall be used. These rules are mandatory for the first customer/vendor assignment in MDG. All the data is derived according to the given system configuration. That's why it is not allowed to change the fields in the UI.

Kind regards

Michael

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for the clarification. I'm having the same problem as Tushar had. I would like to follow the instructions that you suggested but it invokes a huge question.

In CVI customizing where I do the "Number assignment for Direction BP to customer" I can link BP groups (e.g. Int. No. Assignment, External No. Assignment, etc.) to Customer Account goups (sold-to, bill-to, ship-to). However, I am allowed to use there one business group only once, so for "Internal number assignment" business goup I can only assign for example "bill-to" account group. When I start a change request, I specify "Int. no. assignment" business group, which will set the "bill-to" account group for my customer. However, what can I do, when I want to create a ship-to?

Does it mean that there is no option to really choose from account groups (bill-to, ship-to, etc.) during customer creation in MDG? It would be surprising because in 'normal' xd01 transaction I can specify an account group for my customer. It's important for clients because due to this specification I can avoid my customer (that I've created as a bill-to) to be later on used by someone else, by mistake, as a ship-to. So do we really have to use the workarounds that Subhronath suggested?

I know, I could have opened a new thread, but I think this clarification would be best to be inserted here. I'm using MDGC7.

Many thanks in advance,

Tamas

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I did some investigation and it seems to me that I'm using Customer UI, because no matter what kind of change request I'm initiating (CUST1P1 or CUSTL1P1 type), in both cases a business partner gets created too. I read in your reply here that customer UI is similar to the bp transaction, and customer like UI is similar to the xd* transactions. So probably I will have the chance to specify account group at the beginning of change request creation when I use customer like UI instead of customer UI? Can I make this decision now, after everything is set for customer UI, or it's "too late"?

Kind regards,

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The account group is fixed because of the CVI settings that you have made.

In short, you cannot change a account group on the screen.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tommy,

How can we rectify this issue, so that the account group can be editable.

Regards,

Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add multiple customers into a single BP. The account group of the first customer will always be fixed. Try adding another customer and you can change the account group of the second customer.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tommy,

Yes, I have noticed that. But adding of second ERP customer; is this process correct. What will happen to the first ERP customer. How do I explain this situation to a client? Please through some light.

Regards,

Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

That is because of the CVI setting (BP to customer) that the account group is fixed for the first customer.

I can't have a good explanation as well and hope that SAP can come in and comment and probably propose a workaround.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy,

Can account group be changed for first customer or can the CVI settings be reverted back in a development settings?

Regards,

Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The account group is always fix for the first customer because of the CVI setting.

What do you mean by revert the CVI settings in a development settings?

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy,

what I meant is can we reset the CVI settings in development region to make the first customer account group editable or is it going to work the way it is now with the account group fixed for first customer.

Regards,

Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I guess you are specifically using the CR that is configured for that particular Account group.

Please check whether :

1) "Customer(general)" Acc grp is configured at that CR level.If so use a another CR if available.

2) Otherwise create a new CR type.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi V.

How do we check that at the CR level? Also I have seen a strange phenomenon, when I add the first ERP customer the the Acc Grp is un-editable as I have told, Now if I add second ERP customer the Acc grp is editable and the drop down is displayed. Is it normal or some kind of bug? Also please tell me how to check at CR level..

Regards,

Tushar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I haven't experienced such issue anytime.

Go to MDG Customizing ->Create new CR type.

On the left side you can specify the objects [entities] inside the CR type.In that check whether there is any default specified for Account group.

former_member203117
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi V,

I don't see any default settings. Please see the attached screen shot.

Regards,

Tushar.