cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification on CoA

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using multiple specification functionality to maintain customer spec in Inspection plan (Engg. workbench). We are printing this specification in outgoing CoA using custom logic.

One of reputed customer buying hundreds of material from us. Recent-ally we have received new specification proposal for these material from same customer and this new spec will be valid from 20th of March. Existing spec is valid till 20th march & after that new one. That means if we print CoA before 20th march then CoA should print existing spec and if we print CoA after 20th then it should print new MIC spec.

Challenge is how to fulfill this customer CoA requirements? What should be possible solution? Can you please give me some idea on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm concerned that you have custom logic to print the specification on the COA.  That suggests that you have changed the underlying COA program.  That's not good.  The standard SAP program has the means to print the specs from multiple specs for a customer.  It's standard.

Typically we would use a second inspection plan with validity dates.  Then any inspection lots after that date would have the new specs.  Since you have your specs in the lots, what is printed on the COA is going to be determined by the specs in the inspection lots. 

It's one of the reason's I'm not crazy about multiple specs.

What you probably need to do is to change your custom program to not pull the specs from the inspection lot but to pull the specs from the inspection plan used by the lot.  Since you have a custom program, any changes you make are going to have to be made there anyway. 

Ideally, you would have kept the standard COA program and instead created a new FM that would be a copy of the FM used in the standard COA program to get the customer specification from the inspection lot and change the copy to look at the customer specs in the plan instead.

Then when the plan changed, the specs would change in new lots and the specs on all COA's  would change since they come from the plan.

FF

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks FF for reply but it is too late to change CoA program for me. I would request business to change master data on 20th night with new spec so program print new spec starting from next day.