cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Job Monitoring – False Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batch Job Monitoring – False Alerts

In Technical Monitoring, we have set up the alert threshold for “Number of cancelled batch jobs (Last 5 Minutes)” to go red at 6 cancelled jobs in the last 5 minutes. No Yellow and left “Average Value” unchanged.
However we keep getting alerts when there were one or two or even NO cancelled jobs in the 5 minutes before the alert.

The documentation for the metric says “This metric is reported every 5 minutes and counts the number of cancelled batch jobs since the last collection.” Could it be possible that the collection isn’t running every 5 minutes and picks up everything since the last successful run hours previous? Where would I find the collection run history?

We just got another alert at 8:29 AM 2/26/2013:

Alert Details
Name....................Batch Job Errors
Start Time..............02.26.2013 08:27:38 MST
End Time................02.26.2013 08:27:38 MST
Managed Object..........PRD~ABAP
Managed Object Type.....Technical System
Rating..................Red
Category................Exceptions
Status..................Open

The Alert Inbox even thinks there are no red alerts. The Min, Max & Last values are all zero. And there are NO failed jobs within the last 5 minutes in SM37. So why are we getting an alert?

Thank you all,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Please Use Business Process Monitoring (BPMon) for Job Monitoring in solution manager.

Please navigate to https://support.sap.com/support-programs-services/solution-manager/processes.html

for latest BPM Configuration setup guide and Job monitoring configuration tips.

Regards,

Vinod Palli

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check the following KBA?

1796511 - Monitoring of aborted background jobs using Diagnostics

It is quite old but I didn't find any other reference or note related with this issue. I did this configuration on a project years ago and as far as I know it worked without any issue.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing same issue in our QAS  system. We are getting false alerts for cancelled job daily basis.

But when we check in system in SM37 there is no jobs cancelled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The check the details in the alert attachement. Check in SM21 check the info it will give the job name.

The job is getting soft killed that could be the reason for not showing up in Sm37.

Regards

Ravi Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI David,

We are facing similar issue in one of our system we keep Alert email for batch job cancelled.

But when we check in system in SM37 there is no jobs cancelled.

Please share the solution if you are able to resovle the your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Ravi Pandey