cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest a SAP Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Group,

I have a Masters degree in Environmental Engineering with a 2 years of experience in the same field.

Now I am planning to learn SAP for my career growth.

Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Module in SAP is related to my field which I think I can learn easily than other modules.

I need suggestions weather learning SAP would be a good option for my career or not. If yes then which module would you suggest me.

I am planning to learn from a certified institute and give the certification exam.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinay,

I feel that you are on the right track. Certification in SAP envrionment and safety module  will get you more weightage since you are new to SAP in addition to formal training. Please stay in the functional side of SAP to get started. Then later as you do project and if interested you can expand to technical area/s.

Welcome to the SAP World!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Thank you for your encouragement.

Yes even I felt as a beginner I will be comfortable in Functional side.

Questions:

1. How is the job market for SAP EHS module in India?

2. Do I to learn any other module as a prerequisite before starting my training for SAP EHS module.

Thanks

Vinay

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinay,

The job market in the US in general is good for SAP EHS and other modules.

I do not know about India specifically for EHS - for other SAP modules it is good. Since you are a EHS engineer by qualificatioin and experience. You will have an advantage.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

I have spoken with one of the SAP EHS training institute and I was told that there is no certification exam for SAP EHS.

Is this true?

Also, he was telling me that the training will be for 80 hours (approximately 10 days) after tht I have to train my self with the sample project which will be provided by the training institute.

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being very very tough and 1 being very easy) how much do u rate in terms of training and preparing myself qualified for a job in SAP EHS.

Thanks

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about things in India.

Please check with other local peers in India.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ram

Answers (0)