cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUPAST automatically adding all materials in one HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are a retail company and use HUPAST to pack our deliveries after having confirmed them in WM (LT12). The materials arriving at the packing station have been already controlled and confirmed and we use the HUPAST only to pack and in a small amount of cases (5-7 %) to pack in several parcels (>1 HU).

Is there any possibility that I could mark all materials of my delivery in HUPAST and say "Pack ALL"?

As I understood the automatic packaging I have to do this selective for every material and with our quantity I assume this makes no sense.

I would appreciate any hint to solve the problem!

BR

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your reply!

The current situation is the following.

I have betweend 400-700 deliveries a day. Each delivery has in average between 2-7 materials (out of my 400'000 materials). The materials arriving at the packing station have been verified before that they are correct, so I don't need to double-check them again.

In 97% of my deliveries I am sending out one parcel.

My target is to make HUPAST as efficient as possible and I would like to have the following:

1. Enter Delivery number

2. Enter Packing Material (Box - also always the same material number)

3. mark all materials of delivery and move them in "one click" into the HU

"instead of scanning every material or putting in every line number".

Does that explanation help?

Regards,

Robert

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as your 2nd point is concerned, you can maintain the default Packaging material in the configuration of Packaging station under the path:- SPRO - Logistics General - Handling Unit Managment - Basics - Set Profile for packing station.

Select the packing station and maintain the packaging material in the field  - PackMaterials.

Once this is done, then execute HUPAST and specify your delivery, you can see all the delivery items are packed in the default packaging material, then, you can select all the packed materials and click on Pack HUs and specify the required pallet. When doing this on the system manually, it is possible to do so. But, if done using RF transactions (LM**), then I guess you will have to select all the HU's one by one.

This might need an ABAP development.

Also, to make HUPAST more effecient, you can specify the terminal ID for the packing station, so that the person operating from that terminal can have default packing station set up when they access HUPAST.

Kindly check these settings in development system.

Regards,

Sushant

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is not very clear.. can you explain it with an example?

HUPAST gives you option to select different packaging materials for each item of the delivery, but, the only thing is you got to do it manually for each item. Further, you can pack all the packed items into a single Handling unit using Pack HU function.

I believe the person at packing station are using RF terminals, so, it should not be much of a problem.

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I have replied...probably only on the wrong line.

Rgds,

Robert