cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ Warning - Product Addon missing when it part of Upgrade

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

We have Add-On product version SAP SOL. MGR. ENTERPRISE ED. 1 (ST-ETP 100) installed in our system.

When generating the STACK XML to upgrade to Solution Manager 7.1 Stack 8, we get the following Warning:

Product registration of installed Add-Ons is

missing!

CL_FREETEXT_MESSAGE

At least one installed Add-On product

version has been determined,

which is currently not assigned to your

product system definition!

We strongly recommend to register an Add-On

product version,

if it's known as an installed one.

Please use the

Landscape Verification Wizard or the Product System

Editor to complete

the product system definition.

The delta calculation of the Maintenance

Optimizer might fail in case of

ambiguous data about installed Add-On product

versions!

That's the reason why we recommend to assign Add-Ons to the

product

system.

System with server -

XXX-xxxxxxxx

Add-On product version SAP SOL. MGR. ENTERPRISE ED.

Installed instance resp. instances

Enterprise Edition

The question is can this be ignored,  because according to note 1109650, ST-ETP is going to be integrated into ST 710.

Thanks

Shabna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Exactly. That's the whole reason I decided to use SUM. It is very frustrating.

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP replied. Looks like I am supposed to use SOLMANUP and not SUM (I was under the impression SUM replaces SOLMANUP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's weird, maybe they have their reasons. SAP note 1462137 says the following:

The Solution Manager Upgrade Tool (SOLMANUP), which was used for the upgrade to

SAP Solution Manager 7.1, is replaced by the Software Update Manager (as of SUM

1.0 SP06).

SAP note 1781833 which is the upgrade note for SUM, doesn't say anything about not using SUM.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer to the upgrade guides.

1781833 is meant to be only for corrections to the procedure outlined in the guides, not a complete standalone guide.

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000735220& -> there is a guide for SUM and another for SOLMANUP.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Miguel,

Yes I get that. But in the note it is said that SUM is a replacement for SOLMANUP and SUM should be used for upgrades.

Thanks

Shabna

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ask you to check this Article below.

1813563 Product registration of installed Add-Ons is missing!

Regards,

Aidan

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Aidan,

I have checked this note too. According to the note, if the Product is installed but not assigned it is a problem right. I see that the product is installed (In SPAM) and in SMSY --> Landscape Components --> Product Systems --> <SID> --> Solution Manager ABAP Stack --> Software Components tab, I see the product assigned.

Question is if it is going to be included in ST 710 why does it need the Add on.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks

Shabna

Former Member
0 Kudos

See in LV -> Edit Technical System in Step 2 if you can flag the Add-On as relevant. LV has more functionality then SMSY. Anyway, continue with MOPZ and see how it goes.

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to generate the XML and start the upgrade. Now in the IS_SELECT phase what do I choose. There is no upgrade ADD-ON for ST-ETP, it is included in ST 710 according to note 1109650. So should I choose to delete the add-on actively or passively? What is the right decision?

Thanks
Shabna

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's your call but I myself would choose the Actively option. See SUM upgrade guide chapter 5.14.2 to understand the difference between the options.

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I am leaning towards it too. Because logically if the Addon is included and will be installed as part of the upgrade, the older tables should no longer be required. My only fear is what if any of the older data or tables get converted or some such thing.

I have opened a SAP message, I am hoping to hear one of the two options so that I can move ahead.

Thanks

Shabna