cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with customer returns and inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For a given material with active QM procurement, the inspection type 01 (Goods receipt inspection for a purchase order) is configured and active, this makes that whenever goods are received (101 movement type), a QM inspection lot is generated.

When I try to generate a customer return (655 movement type) with the transaction VL01N, I get this error message:

"Change the inspection stock of material XXXXX in QM only"

Message no. QA495

I need to know what could be causing this behavior due to the fact that I can’t do customer returns with active QM procurement and inspection type 01. If I uncheck the inspection type 01, then I can perform the customer return but stock goes directly to unrestricted use and I want it to go to QI (quality inspection).

Our goal is to generate inspection lots only for goods receipt, not for customer returns. In customer returns, we only want the stock to go to quality inspection status. Is this possible?

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moazzam and Dhilipan,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

According to what I have investigated, customer returns going to Quality is a request users have made.

If I deactivate the inspection type 01 and perform a customer return, the material is posted to QI.

Regardless of the inspection lot generation or not, I need the material to be able to be returned with a customer return having the material with the 01 inspection type activated (as I need it for goods receipt). So, I believe it would be a good start to be able to perform the customer return even if an inspection lot is created but I wasn't able to do this, will you please guide me?

Thanks and regards.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Juan

Please maintain inspection lot 05 and movement type 655. In material master there will be 01 and 05 activated in inspection lot. Check this and update here.

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answers.

To sum up, the problem I had was solved by adding the inspection type 05 to the materials that had the inspection type 01. Inspection lot is being generated with customer returns.

Regards.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juan

I hope your issue is resolved now. Please close this thread if you don't need more discussion on this topic.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moazzam! Thanks a lot for your answer.

I managed to be able to generate a customer return by the inclusion of the inspection type 05 in the material. This material is posted to QI and it generates an inspection lot.

Now I'm trying to generate a customer return without an inspection lot being generated. Any hints?

Thanks and regards.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Without inspection lot I dont think so it is possible with standard sale return process. Manually it is possible but in standard no idea. I am sorry

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use different movement types to either post to unrestricted use or to blocked stock, but not to QI without inspection lot creation if material subject to QM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen L

You are right Sir. If we use 322 movement in manual TP in MB1B then system is also creating inspection lot. So it means its not possible either automatically in Sale return or manually in MB1B. Thanks for correcting me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Actually Moazzam is right. Why do you need to move the stock to Quality if you don't need inspection.

But please check if you have enabled "Post to Inspection stock" in the Material master- purchase view i believe,

Once this is done.You may try removing QM view. Then i thnk u will be able to post the stock to Quality without inspection lots.

But again, this may affect other goods receipts. As you need Inspection lots to be generated for Goods receipts.

Regards

Dhilipan

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

What is the logic of moving return stock to QI without having quality on this material? If you want to receive the material in quality and dont want quality inspection for it then I think you should transfer it first in sale return and then move it in quality in mb1b. I dont remember the movement type at this time but there is anstandard movement type for this.

Thank$