cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot Number Range Reaching Maximum

0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Inspection lot Number Range  for lot origin 04 reaching to maximum.

Number range assigned is as usual, standard by SAP is 040000000000 to 049999999999.

Please suggest me the corrsponding Steps for taking care of this situation.

regards/rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In customization of number range ,if flag for 'No interval rolling ' is NOT checked, so the number range will be automatically resets to 1, once reaches to the upper limit

0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit and Sreenath,

I have checked in configuration of number range , flag for 'No interval rolling ' is NOT checked.

So as per you sujit when maximum number range will reached it will automatically resets to 1.

So there will be two lots for same number e.g 040000000001 old one and new one with same number. will system generate same number again or first i have to archive the old lots ?

regards/rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ...after archival it should create lot with same number.But before that please go through

OSS NOTE 781802 which says Avoid reusing document numbers, and only do so if you are certain that the date identification will not be lost in the system.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there anything that prevents you from extending the number range or assigning a second number range?

As mentioned already there will be issues when you have identical numbers, and even if it is possible using the range again when having archived before I would not recommend that. You will only postpone the problem, and when you have to archive the second time this might be an even bigger issue (as the numbers already are in your archive then. Not sure if this will cause issues, but most likely it will).

Regards

MH

0 Kudos

Thanks sujit and Martin for reply.

Martin we can not extend number range 040000000000 to 049999999999 as i think standard for inspection lots is 12 digit. and assigning a second nuber range for same inspection lot origin system does not allow as message comes interval already exists.

regards/rohit

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you are right that you cannot assign a second number range, as number ranges are assigned to the IL origin, and you can only assign one in the customizing.

I thought about the following (not having a system to test right now):

1. Define a new number range, lets say 700000000000 to 799999999999 and assign an ID to it (e.g. 77)
  2. Then substitute your current assignment for the IL origin you have your issue with 77

Regards

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best option is to archive the old inspection lots and store them seperately for future analysis and

then reset the current number range to 040000000000.

CSN