cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vulnerability issue with the fileupload UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently dealing with the FileUpload UI element in a webdynpro screen. When I browse for a file and select it, the absolute path of the file is copied into the element. and when the next event is raised, the file content of the corresponding file which is selected is fetched into the data variable of type xstring. This is working perfectly fine.

But now, the problem is that, I want to restrict the fileupload if the filesize exceeds a certain limit. Is it possible to do it before the file content is read or during the file content is read.

The current process that is currently adopted is, the file is read into a xstring variable and then its length is computed with the help of xstrlen() method and then verified. For example, If i upload a 10GB file when my file restriction is only 1 MB, it first reads 10GB and then throws an error because it violated the constraint.

Please advice on this.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik Babu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Before reading the file there is no such possibility yet to find the file memory. What u thought is correct only after uploading only we can find it and throw the message.

Regards,

Vineesh,.