Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availibility check for third party sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following question on availability check for third party sales

1) Does the availability check happen in sales order for third party sales order. If yes,  how is the backward or forward scheduling is done from customer requested delivery date.  How is the material availability date calculated in third party sales (for both forward and backward scheduling )

2) If yes to above question in 1 above, my question is we do not maintain stock in our books, so why do a availability check.

3) The requested delivery date (for eg 28.2.13)  is transferred  from SO to PO.  My question is if the third party vendor  cannot meet 28.2.13 and decides that goods will be available only on 3rd March,13. How this will impact availiability check and  scheduling in SAP. How will the SAP system knows that material availability  date is now changed based on the new material availability date given by third party vendor ?

how will the automatic re-scheduling will happen in SAP

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What happens in Third Party is ,

1. First of all ,if we want Goods ( Huge or Low is nothing is a Matter ) from Third Party then Customer will be give his requirement trough IDOC to Vendor before at least some days to future purpose only .

2. Say If you take any customer as 1000 and Vendor is 2000 then Customer trigger OBD IDOC and Vendor receives IBD IDOC .

The IDOC having all details of Customer requirement Material Quantity ,Partner Functions like every thing .

3. When Vendor doesnt provide required Goods on required date ( We already asked Goods to future date only ) then we will be charge / penalty for ruining our Business Process .

Actually , If you think in Business Level then you must be understand ,How the transactions are doing b/w Customer and Third Party .

As of now ,we are doing thats why I am providing some info for you to understand .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When I am going to read your Query ,I fully scared .

Note : Third Party doesnt comes under our Part to run Availability Check .How can we know , Vendor having Stock or not  .

Thanks,

Naren

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your question 1 and 2, NO there is no availability check done by the system as the goods are manufactured externally.

For all your questions read OSS Note 549365 - FAQ: scheduling for third-party and individual PO and Note 210417 - 'Check availability' for third-party orders for clarifications.

Regards,