cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP application starting in HTTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I' ve got a problem with a WDA application that I' ve created and provided access to via GUI transaction.

We also run a web dispatcher. So, although I have configured the application to start via HTTP, every now and then it opens the Browser and starts in HTTPS mode.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member25156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas -

1. Have you tried to bypass the SAP Web Dispatcher and run the transaction a few times to see if this is still an issue? YOu can also ask your Basis team to take a look at the Web Dispatcher nodes - if more than one - configuration to ensure that the configuration is consistent between all of them

2. If you are using multiple application servers, ensure that none of them have any icf/ configuration in their instance profile files (RZ10) to cause them to use HTTP on the specific port i.e.

App Server 1:

icm/server_port_0                       PROT=HTTPS,PORT=8001

App Server 2:

icm/server_port_0                       PROT=HTTP,PORT=8001

3. As already mentioned, check the entries of your table HTTPURLLOC

If you still can't find anything, you might want to debug starting at program WDY_PRGN_NODES.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Ronald!

Thank you very much for the hints!

Regards,

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever HTTPS is used, do you get the logon screen meaning user authentication is requested? Does it make a difference if you delete the HTTPS parameter from the transaction definition? Have you configured URL generation with table HTTPURLLOC? Please share the exact versions of involved SAP products.