cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing date should not be before service start date

0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Im New to SAP , Request your valid inputs for the below scenario,

Business Scenario : Its a Service order ( Service order - Billing )

Sale order Created Date : 10-02-2013

Document Date: 06-02-2013

Billing Date : 31-01-2013

We dont want the user to create a billing document before the service start date (i.e) 06.02.2013 ,as mentioned above it has been billed on 31.01.2013,

please suggest ,how to block the billing date ,which is less then the service start date,

Regards

Jeeva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign routine 11 to the field  "Data: VBRK/VBRP" in VTFA and check.  If it is not possible to change the routine due to business process, you can add the following coding to your existing routine assigned there.

VBRK-FKDAT = SY-DATUM

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear lakshmipathy,

thankyou for your reply ,tried Assigning routine 11 ,but still im a position to generate the  invoice, before order date( service start date ),

Created a sale order on 06-03-2013 ( document date 04-03-2013 /created date 06-03-2013 )

I understand ,by assigning routine 11,system will automatically propose current date as the  billing date,

my query is while processing an invoice for the above order with T.code:VF01,in  the initial screen ,in the billind Date filed;if i enter a date for eg: 01.03.2013 ,(i.e) before the service start date ,system is accepting,

Is there any STANDARD FUNCTIONALITY in SAP,to throw an error or warnign msg,stating  the date proposed is before the order date, or  it can be achieved only through User Exit,

If it is through User exit ,then request your assistance for the same,

Regards

Jeeva

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is make the field as uneditable via Transaction Variant or try with billing exit USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC)

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jeeva,

some clarity required here,

you are saying it is a service order scenario and why SALES ORDER is created ?

and billing date is 31/01/2013 before the sales order creation date which is 10/02/2013 , How?

please clarify you requirement in detail

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeeva -

You can simply put logic/validation with the help of ABAPer  in User Exit RV60AFZZ (Billing During Save).Which will check that if VBRK-FKDAT (Billing Date) is less than VBRP-FBUDA then it won't allow you to save Billing Document.You can display error message Saying Billing date is less than Service date.

OR

You can also put Service rendered Date(VBKD-FBUDA) and Billing date(VBKD-FKDAT) while creating Sales order at item level.(Sales Order ----Item----Billing Tab).With this method , Billing date will get copy from Sales order While creating Invoice to a customer but you have to put validation in a sales order  that Billing date Should be greater than or equal to Service rendered date in order to avoid user error.

Try this , if it helps

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

Dear Amit ,

thank you for your reply,

is there any solution available in standard SAP functionality,

to block this back dated billing ,in the scenario i had explained ,(i.e) Billing Date is before the service

start Date,

Regards

Jeeva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeeva -

As a Standard if the posting period is already closed then we cannot back date Invoice in previous posting period,

For eg Period 1  Jan 1 - Jan31

Period 2 Feb1  - Feb 28

If Period 1 is closed,then we can not post invoice on Jan31 ,but we can post this invoice any date between Feb 1-Feb 28.

Apart from this behaviour, i don't think that there is any standard functionality to prevent backdate of Invoice.

Regards

Amit.