Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SOAP client itself must be able to issue SAP assertion tickets

maruthiramana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Scenario : Non-SAP (SOAP client)--> AEX (PI)--> SAP (SOAP receiver).  --- PI 7.31

Here i need to configure Principal propogation using SAP Assertion Tickets, where my sender system is non-SAP.

I have gone through few blogs and finally i found the configuration for PP from help.sap.com for Advanced Adapter Engine.

But, here i couldn't able to understand for " The SOAP Client itself must be able to issue SAP assertion tickets"...

Can anyone please eluminate on this more...and please share if you have any reference docs/straight links., to configuration PP if your sender application is NON-SAP system in AEX for PI 7.31

Thanks for your replies...in advance,

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

The SOAP client itself must be able to issue SAP assertion tickets. If the sender is an SAP program, an HTTP destination of type G can be used. If the sender is a SOAP (receiver) adapter, simple principal propagation can be used.

------------->

If you are using the SOAP adapter, you can specify security settings (Message Security checkbox is selected). The SOAP body is verified based on these settings.

If you want the Integration Server to propagate principals from the sender (on the basis of authentication assertion tickets), on the Parameters tab page, select the Propagate Principal checkbox under Settings for Principal Propagation. If this checkbox is selected, the signature of the sender ticket is verified and the corresponding user can log on to the Integration Server.

option would be use WS adapter and define principal propagation based on SAML.  Note 974873 - Principal Propagation

Regards,

prasanth

maruthiramana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanth,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please specify the security settings for SOAP sender adapter like what is the transport protocol and authentication which i suppose to use.

Here i need to propagate SOAP (non-SAP) ---->  AEX (PI 7.31)----> SOAP (SAP)

I found one option for SOAP : Task (AXIS) and selecting the SAP Assertion Ticket for Authentication.

Does it work for my scenario if i proceed...?

Thank you,

Ram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

We are also having similar requirement on PI 7.31 Single Stack for Principal Propagation.

3rd party --> PI --> SRM (SOAP to Proxy Scenario)

Were you able to configure and test it successfully?

Appreciate if you can share any docs / working links.

Regards,

Azhar