cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one stock material - different sales materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the following Problem. A while ago we bought a competitor and migrated them
into our SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5 (Company A) as own Company B/Salesorg B/plant B with
their own material codes.

But meanwhile we have standardized some materials/packing so that we have now the
same material

with two different material numbers (A & B), one for our salesorg A/plant A
and one for their salesorg B /plant B.

Now salesorg B is starting to deliver their customers from plant A, but in the salesorder
they use their material number B, whereas the stock is registered in plant A on
material number A. And unfortunately material number B is well known to a lot of
customers, so consolidation to one material number is not really an option.

So, now we would like to assign material number A as “stock material” for material
number B in plant A. So that Company B can still us their own material number
for order/delivery note/invoice, but in plant A the material number A is used
for packinglist and goodsmovment.

Anyone any ideas how to realize this?

Kind regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

One suggestion from my side is " I am pretty sure ,When One material ordered by Customer as 1000 after being a long time he is again communicate with that company and again asking i want this Material instead of Old Material .So in this case only we can replace the Old Material to New Material with the help of Material Determination Scenario.

In VB11 ,Material = Old Material  and Material Entered = New Material .

Note : Make sure there two materials must be present in same sales area .

I am not getting you as with above explanation .

If you have any  doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narenda,

it's not about replacing an old material with a new material, it's about sales org A
uses material number A in sales, and stock is registered in plant A on
material number A.

sales org B uses material number B in sales, and stock is registered in plant B
on material number B.

whereas material A & B are the same, only different material numbers.

Now sales org B starts delivering material B from plant A, but in the sales order
material B registered.

So we need a reference, that when material B is stated in an outbound delivery from
plant A, that for picking and goods movement material A has to be used.

regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a major problem.

1. Get those materials transfformed ASAP.

2. Consider a Z mapping table for use in MV45AFZZ and the IDOC userexit until you finish with (1).

Regards

Waza

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use tcodes VD51/VD52 and use the older code as customer material and the stock material as the "material no.", if you don't need mantain a huge quantity of customers. It's an idea.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

sorry, VD51/52 won't work as far as i can see, because I don't see a selection possibility for plant number, because as described above, this affect only one plant.

Regards

Michael

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Other idea. Set the materials A/B as a material type LUMF and create a BOM type 5 with CS02 with the purpose when customer do a SO for A, in SO you will have a subitem with B (for stock and delivery processes). Do the proper settings in SD (item determination and so on). If you believe it's a suitable solution, don't hesitate to let me know if you need any kind of feedback.

Regards

Eduardo

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is in general possible using material determination.

These are conditions, which means you can define your own access sequences in customizing.

Maintenance transactions are VB11 create and VB12 change

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/55f71f545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I thought of that already as well, but in the invoice (especially INVOIC IDOC) there is
no reference to the entered material number anymore using material determination. Apart

from the fact that would have to adjust all our forms as well (using entered material number

instead of material number), that’s already excluding that solution.

Michael