cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why we need DOE in between to SAP and SUP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Functionality of DOE: Data resides in the SAP, only when changes in EIS or users requires the data then DOE is sending data to users with the help of Sybase

unwired platform.

Functionality of SUP: Data resides in CDB and SAP, user requires or any change in source, Data is propagating in the channel.

What difference does DOE makes?

Thanks in Advance

Dinesh Chakkravarthi.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185875
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajagopal,

Mobile application types based on connectivity and complexity:

1. Online

Online simple       - SUP HWC  (Device independent ) (SUP JCO will enable the connectivity to SAP)

Online complex    - SUP + SAP Netweaver Gateway

2. Offline

Offline simple       - SUP MBO native application (SUP JCO will enable the connectivity to SAP)

Offline complex    -  SUP + DOE   / Syclo

Based on the business scenario you need to select the architecture approach. DOE have more middle ware/ administration feature (CDS and Distribution mechanism  in DOE more powerful then CDB and Object query in SUP). But SAP going to swipe out the product. So you can use Syclo instead of SUP+DOE for Offline complex applications.

Regards,

Lakshman Balanagu.

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent answer. However I would also put SUP MBO in Offline complex as I have used replication in quite a few field service apps (Always complex). I would agree with Syclo also being in Offline complex.

I would completely avoid using SUP+DOE in any new solutions because it relies on Netweaver mobile which was announced at TechEd as EOL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lakshman,

Thanks for your wonderful explaination.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184221
Contributor
0 Kudos

From my point of view DOE was the original method for allowing SUP and Netweaver Mobile to talk to each other. However I believe this method is now in end of life, so not recommended as its superceeded by other methods:

Instead if you use the SUP JCO connector to consume SAP RFC's and BAPI's and also use DCN you have the equavalent of how the DOE used to work.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01204.0213/doc/html/title...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. We are using SAP JCo connector from the beginning of SUP onwards then  what is the reason to include the DOE in SUP 2.1.3?. Are we acheiving any other functionality through this?