Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Java mapping abstract trace logs in single Java stack

Hello,

We are migrating some PI scenarios from SAP PI 7.11 to a single Java stack PI 7.3.1.

One of those scenarios has a java mapping that uses the class com.sap.aii.mapping.api.AbstractTrace  for logging purposes:

AbstractTrace trace = null;

…

trace = getTrace();

….

trace.addWarning(message, e);

This logging utility generates entries in the trace of the request messaging phase in PI 7.11. You can see this in the sxi_monitor transaction:

You can also see this logs in the test utility of the Message Mapping or Operation Mapping  that uses this Java Mapping: 

In these  tests utilities the logs can be seen in the PI 7.3.1 installation too.

However, in  PI 7.3.1, you cannot see these logs in the message monitor. The only log you can see is the following:

As you can  see, you can only see a log that says that the OM is being executed:

Executing Request Mapping
"urn:XXXXXX/OM_FLAG_TO_SFTP_TO_LOG" (SWCV b40ee780331d11e2bcf0e8acac1a54e5)

This behavior is the same, regardless of the logging and staging level of the iflow scenario:

I have been searching the scn and I have found the following links about the staging and the logging:

All of these and much more refer to whether you want to log or stage the payload of the message in the different stages of the process. But I haven’t seen anything that indicates you how to show the mapping logs in the message monitor:

¿Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

Thanks!

Tags:
Former Member replied

Hi Alberto & all,

Just published this blog. Hopefully this will help you.

Mapping Trace in SAP PI 7.31 Single Stack

Kind regards,

Kapila

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question