Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting change request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SD experts,

I really appreciate if anyone tell me abt Transporting change request concept

and do sd consultant hve any role in this scenario.

Thanx in advance

regards

vaseem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>SE01,SE09,SE10</b> is a transport request modified or released. after the released this requested number import by <b> STMS</b> transaction code to quality or production server.

Rewards point it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I exclude STMS from a profile? At the moment, that profile has a Support role for all access in SAP under the authorisation field.

I just want to exclude STMS but not affecting SE01, SE09 & SE10. Is this possible?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Message was edited by:

Roland Tan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport request is not generated for Master Data. For eg: Customer Master, Material Master, price master, etc.

Benefit of Transport Request:

SAP Landscape normally has 3- Tier system:

<b>Development Server</b> - Where customization takes place. TRansport request is generated at this level & then first transported to Quality server for testing whether it meets the requirement or not. Once the requirement is met in Quality server then Request is transported from Development Server to Production Server (Actual / Live System)

<b>Quality Server</b> - Mainly useful for testing.

<b>Production Server</b> Actual / Live server, where the real transactions are created & posted.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport Request is generated in following scenarios:

1. Customizing Request - When doing or changing some customization.

2. WorkBench Request - When configuration is cross-client. Eg Generating new Table, making changes in access sequence, Abap development, etc.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaseem,

Sent the notes to your mail ID.

REWARD IF IT HELPS

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Whenever we make changes in the config these changes are saved into a transport. We would be making the changes in the development system. These changes have to be transported to production once they are tested extensively.

Now, as a SD consultant, once you create a transport, you might have to get the help of Basis to move these transports to test systems and later to Production system. every company has its own policy of moving the changes to production, some follow a weekly schedule other probably a daily schedule.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When once we save any transaction done in SD, it gets save as a request.

These requests are taken into consideration while transporting the configurations and customizations from one server to another.

WE will be intimating the same to the basis guy to transport the requests from one server to another.

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.