Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material determination issue with automatic selection

peng_tang
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I am using material determination function within sales order.  original material 'x'  substitution material 'y' substitution reason '0004' (availability).

now, material 'x' stock 100. when I order 'x' quatity of 101. I am hoping system will give me two item lines with main item material 'x' with quantity 100 and sub-item material 'y' with quantity of 1. however it turns out system gives me two line material x and y with both quantity of 100.

what should I do to achieve the goal?  photo attached for your reference.

Regards TP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Check below link and read Mr. Reazudin post. It will be helpful for you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1935673

Thanks

peng_tang
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ali

Thanks for the respond. it does help me a lot. when I try to test my configuration. Another issue shows up. system tells me ' No item category available (Table T184 OR NORM PSA1 )' . BUT in the img, I did configure that request. Also When I check TABLE T184 the record does exist. What could be wrong?

looking for your help.

Thanks TP.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I dont think the above assignment is correct .Please ensure your assignments where you were looking to configure this process .

Actually, PSA1 Main Item ( when Order reason is B )

PSA2 Sub item 

PSHP Main Item (when order reason is A)

PSEL Sub Item

I didnt see any assignments for PSHP .

Note : Wright now ,I dont have authorization to check this in sap .

Thanks,

Naren

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Can you please paste the error message screen shot here too. In that system will tell you the combination also. I just want to cross check that.

Thanks

peng_tang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Thanks for your helpful response. Now I have done the configuration

original material 'X' substitute material 'Y' .

1: Main item 

order type  general item category group  item usage  high-level item category  default item category

OR             NORM                                PSA1                                             TAX

2: sub item

order type  general item category group  item usage  high-level item category  default item category

OR             NORM                                PSA1           TAX                            TAPS

3: VB11 material determination record. the substitution material 'Y' MRP field is checked.

4: substitute reason 0004 Availability  strategy ' NONE' (Automatically ) outcome 'A'(substitution products will be displayed as subitems).

After I have done that, I create a sale order with order quantity 100. it has two lines showed up. both of material 'x'and 'y' with quantity of 100. However That is not what I want. Coz 'x' has  enough stock to cover the order quantity. system should only provide 'y' when 'x' is not available. likewise, I order material x for 100. but only 50 is available. so the rest of 50 should be replaced with 'y'.

IF what I understand was wrong, pls correct me generously .

Thanks TP.

peng_tang
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, Are there some links for me to learn the relationship between item usage and substitute reason?

in other words, how could i know which item usage I should configure when I choose certain substitue reason?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I suggest you to read the some scenarios with the help of Google .Why because Material Substitution or determination only for replacing the Old Material ordered by Customer .

lets say ,If customer has given 10 quantity to any company .Now ,he want another new material based on already given material ( Old Material only )  then we will process this configuration ,thats why SAP has given Material ( Old) and Material Entered  ( New ) .

Customer has given Samsung Galaxy ( Material ) = IPhone ( Material entered ) . Just replacing the product .

I dont think ,you are asking possible in this scenario .

Note : If you tell your exactly wants ( Requirement ) then will  be suggest on this .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (0)