cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get foreign currency PO created in SRM 4.0?

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a requirement to start creating foreign currency POs in SRM - extended classic SRM 4.0 & ECC 6.0. I set up the daily exchange rate sync job. I have currency table updated in SRM. The problem comes with foreign currency vendor replication. (We replicate the vendors without reference to backend purchasing org.) If i manually push a vendor from ECC using BBPGETVD, I can select currency that this vendor needs to be in SRM set up with, but if I have my daily job running using standard BBP_VENDOR_SYNCal of the vendors gets set up with USD. I cannot create foreign currency PO if Vendor is not set up with that currency. If I manually update the vendor in SRM using BBPMAININT then I am ok. But my question is How do I get the replication job to get the vendors replicated with the purchaising currency they are being set up in ECC?- Am I missing something here?

Appreciate the input!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agnieszka,

Check all the below whether maintained or not:-

You will need to do the following

1) Set up BBP_VENDOR_SYNC Job to run regularly (every 1 hour or so) using SM36

2) Create a new variant of BBP_UPDATE_PROG and setup this task as part of the Vendor sync job

Once the job runs run SE16 and look at table BBP_NEWVD_LOG. This table shows the vendors that were replicated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

configured parameters in SRM-SPRO:

- Make Global Settings

- Create new vendors also <checked>

- Carry Out Address Comparison to Determine Duplicates <not checked>

- Organizational Unit in EBP for the Vendor <vendor node in PPOMV_BBP>

- Vendor Number Assignment Type <Only assign R/3 Numbers>

- Define Settings for vendor Synchronization per Backend

- Order = 2

- LogSystem = <backend logical system>

- Vendor role = LI    <---- not sure if this is correct tried different approaches such as LF, VN, etc and still didn't work

- Creditor Sel- = <blank>

- No PchOrg = <not checked>

- Local Purchase Org = <blank>

- Currency = <blank>

- Info Number as D&B Number = <not checked>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBPGETVD (Initial upload)- is a transaction to run initial upload for vendors and should be run only once.

Once all the vendors are downloaded initially, subsequent vendor changes and the new vendors is taken care by Vendor_SYNC (Subsequent download).

Vendor_Sync is a program which can be schedule as a background job for changes and new vendors.

Note that only vendors assign to purchasing Organization are transferred.

FI vendors which are not assign to the purchasing org cannot be transferred.

Thanks.

From RBEI,

Snehal

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Snehal,

Thank you for your answer. Please note that I have no issues with vendors replication and update- the only issue I have is that currency always comes as USD on my vendor even if vendor in ECC has CAD for example. This is the case for my BBP_VENDOR_SYNC job, if i choose to replicate a vendor manually by BBPGETVD I have the option to select the currency, but why SYNC job forces USD?

Aga

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as indicated previously, check if USD was populated as currency key for supplier synchronization settings in IMG: SAP Implementation Guide > SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Technical Basic Settings > Settings for Supplier Synchronization > Define Settings for All Back-End Systems

Regards.

Laurent.

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Laurent,

Yes, I have one entry in there Log System, Local Purchasing Org and Currency (USD).

Do I need to change that config to * instead of USD to get the original venodr's currency from ECC? Would that USD in that config cause all the venors to get replicated with USD by VENDOR_SYNC program?

BR,

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Agnieszka,

let currency key with blank value (do not use star '*').

Never check this point, but i think yes: if value is populated, this means all vendors replicated with BBP_VENDOR_SYNC report will only have this default currency.

Regards.

Laurent.

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

I will test that in Dev and post the results!

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Snehal,

Sorry I missed your point of having currency blank...

As I mentioned, will change the confiq and let you know.

Aga

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMG help documentation for various back end relevant settings, it may be helpful for you.

Define the back-end systems from which supplier data is to be synchronized as follows:

1. Order
    Enter a number between 0 and 10000, for example, 0001.
    2. Logical system
    Select a logical system using the logical help, for example, QX4CLNT200.
    3. Supplier role
    Enter the supplier role in the back-end system, for example, LF. Only suppliers with the entered role are synchronized from the back-end system.
    4. Creditor Selection
    You can either leave this field blank, or enter the value 1 or 2 in it. If you leave this field blank, suppliers will be replicated as normal. If you enter the value 1, only creditors will be replicated as invoicing parties. If you enter the value 2, then both creditors and suppliers will be replicated.
    5. Synchronize without reference to back-end purchasing organization
    In this case, you must also make entries in the fields LocalPurch. Org. and Currency.
    6. Local purchasing organization
    If you have selected Synchronize without reference to back-end purchasing organization: Select a local purchasing organization using the input help.
    7. Currency
    If you have selected Synchronize without reference to back-end purchasing organization: Select the appropriate currency for the purchasing organization from the dropdown list, for example, USD.
    8. Info No. as D&B (Take information number as D&B number)
  • If you wish to take the entry from the field element KRAUS in database table LFA1 of the back-end system into the SAP SRM system as the Dun&Bradstreet number, check this field.

Regards,

Govardhan

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Govardhan,

Thank you for the info...I checked that alrady but what I am cnfused about is #6:

6. Currency
    If you have selected Synchronize without reference to backend purchasing organization: Select the appropriate currency for the purchasing organization from the dropdown list, for example, USD.

I think that standard functionality may not allow for checking Synchronize without referance to backend purchasing organization and bringing the currency from Purchasing data of the vendor.

Aga

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you do not use backend purchasing organization, it is mandatory to set a default currency (currency key) as currency in vendor master is linked to purchasing organization.

I think you will have to use BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP BAdI.

Regards.

Laurent.

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Laurent,

I think you are correct- I already use that BADI.

Thanx!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agnieszkap29
Explorer
0 Kudos

Lurent,

You are correct- this can be accomplished by BADI. We have made a change and now I am able to use BBP_VENDOR_SYNC without reference to backend purchasing data and vendor's currency comes over to SRM, when USD - USD when CAD -CAD.

Thank you so much!