cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone use /SAPAPO/MVM and copy all time series?

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone use /SAPAPO/MVM Model and version management and copy all time series and all order series in their real system?

We use DP and SNP and at least twice a year we attempt to copy everything a few times to have a budget model and another simulation model/version for doing simulations.

It is primarily driven by the SNP data, so the main data is order series.

We always copy Model AND version because to play around with different transportation lane options it only really works with a seperate model and version.

The system always crashes when we try and copy everything for model and version. We have a 48GB box and have just tried increasing the user memory from 2GB to 16GB and that got us over that hurdle. Then the next space hurdle hit is roll memory which we will delve into next.

"No roll storage space of length 2749456 available for internal storage."

And it seems like we are in an endless loop with basis trying to get to a place where we could copy everything.

The annoying thing is that we really only have a single time series key figure that we care about for SNP, but with this transaction MVM it only lets you copy everything.

So we end up instead copying all master data and just the order series and then manually copying and pasting all the data from the single time series.

We cant use

/SAPAPO/TSCOPY - Copy/Version Management

to copy the single key figure as it does not allow copying across models.

Message "Target model different from source model"

So the question is - does anyone use MVM in the real world and copy "everything". And if so, how big is your box!?

j

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John

i think T Lanes are not version dependent.

They are created under MODEL as they belong to the master data

So you cannot have diff parameters ( like diff proc type / date ) under one model diff versions for a T Lane.

So you need to go for different models in your case.

Regards

Emani

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John;

Try to take the back up data of your model master data in simulation version. so that what ever your box size may be the data can be copied in simulation version later on when ever it is require you can take back to active version.

Regards

AravaSantosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

Any particular reasons to use /sapapo/mvm ???

Because you can use /sapapo/vercop to meet your requirements ( As suggested by Sourabh also)

Please share your views.

regards,

Anurag

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

We need to use MVM to copy model and version so that we can have different transportation lane settings for scenarios. eg What is the impact if we make all product X at a different plant for 3 months.

In my testing, if I just have 2 different versions, it does not let me change the procurement priority, or have different date ranges between the 2 different versions if they are still on the same model. So the only way to model different transportation lane settings of start and end dates and procurement priority settings is to have different models as well as different versions. Would love someone to prove me wrong on this, but I am not able to get different TL settings on two different versions in the same model.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It would help if you explain you scenario in more detail.

and also where in MVM you have the option to play with T-Lanes.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

As Emani adds below, to do transportation lane scenarios, the only way is to have different models and versions, then in the normal transportation lane transaction, you can change a transportation lane in one model to be different to the other model. Because of this, we need to use MVM and copy model and version, so that is why we cant use the other version only copy tools and why we are hitting performance issues in MVM.

thanks

John

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John

Were you able to find a program to copy from one model to another? We have a similar requirement and I am trying to find out how to do this. Let me know if you can help.

Thanks

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parth,

Use MVM in background to create model and version. It will takes a lot of time 5 - 8 hours. Depends on your data.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

We never got MVM with both order series and time series to work for our production model. Too big. Even after getting basis to ramp up lots of settings. And running in background.

So instead, when we need to copy model and version, ie to be able to change transportation lanes to be different in the other scenario (eg saving budget with locked in lanes), then we use MVM with only order series, and then copy all the time series to CUBE and then pull them back from a cube.

Other scenarios, where we are ok to share the transportation lanes of the same model, then we just use the version copy job.

John

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks John for your reply. While this probably solves my future requirements, I was wondering if I can schedule a job for model/version copy with variants which has source, target model/versions. Do you follow something like this?

I checked but the program for /SAPAPO/MVM has no selection screen and hence I am not able to save any variant and schedule to run it in a process chain / job. We require this as we want to make it easier for business to simulate and do not want them to go to this transaction and copy model/version every time there is a need for simulation. Also, there are lot of simulation scenarios they would like to run - in which case this will become a bit cumbersome for business.

Also, I suppose there is no way to copy version data to a target version which is in a different model as mentioned in one of your previous posts. Please confirm.

Thanks

Parth Soneji

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius

Thanks for your reply. Fortunately, we do not have too much data comparatively. So the execution time is not the issue.

You mentioned running MVM in background which I understand. But can I schedule this to run with a variant? I doubt, as there is no selection screen for the program /SAPAPO/MVM_COPY_MODEL_VERSION which is called to copy model / version from transaction /SAPAPO/MVM. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parth,

The option (Background) will be available after pressing the Copy and Save button!

I think a programmer guy could help you to call the program and execute it in the background with the desired options!

Thanks, Marius

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the screenshots. I tried myself to explore the options with calling up the program but couldn't conclude. Will ask ABAP expert to find if there is a standard way or a wrapper program can achieve this requirement.. Thanks for your help.

Parth Soneji

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Did you give a try to version copy using transection /N/SAPAPO/VERCOP.

This will provide you options to copy from one version to another.

Give it a try and let me know if this helps.

We have used this on a relatively smaller box then yours, with lots of data.

Rgds

Sourabh