cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Data which is of date type from oracle to HANA using BODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have to load data from Oracle DB to HANA.

In Oracle we have time format 'Datetime' which is YYYY.MM.DD HH.MM.SS and in HANA date type is YYYY-MM-DD.

How can I convert the date type into required when we are using BODS as ETL tool.

and what can be done in HANA if I have to load date as YYYY-MON-DD

How can we achieve this in BODS..?

Regards,
Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

You can creat a view on the source Oracle table that will format the date in the required format. Then configure BODS to read the view and populate HANA table.

Also refer to: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3148673 for additional tips for handling date formats in HANA.

Rama

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have Oracle table with the data type as DATE and in HANA it is mapped to the column with data type as DATE as well. I did not specify any explicit conversion and the data transfer works for me.

The data type conversion happens implicitly and I can see the SQL statement with the date converted to yyyy-mm-dd format.

Did you try it yourself ? Did you get any error ?

I would suggest you can try it and post any error.

(You asked twice so I replied twice )

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply...I will try this option.

How can we change this to "YYYY-MON-DD".

Regards,

Venkat

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

If your column data is stored in the date format then do you need it in YYYY-MON-DD as the 'display' format. If so, you can define that in the reporting layer. You can use the HANA date display using to_char conversion function (if required).

In case you need to store the data in HANA as varchar in yyyy-MON-dd format, then you can also convert it in BODS using the date conversion function.

Regards,

Ravi