Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment with WM + SUM + HU

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

How is the consignment stock managed in a storage location with WM + SUM + HU? The problem is that I haven't phisically the stock in my warehouse, it is stored in an external building so I cannot identify the handling units (I just know the total quantity).

I could create a new storage location just for consigment, post the GR 101K there and them move the stock with 411K movement type from the consigment storage location to WM one.

But... is it possible to manage this stock in just one storage location? Could I post the GR without HU (because in fact I don't know exactly the serial numbers), and them make the 411k in the same stor.loc.?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have 2 buildings then you should create 2 locations.

you should try to setup your SAP in a way that it matches with the physical occurrence

consignment stock is not really managed differently than any other stock. The main difference is the ownership, which is more a financial figure.

An advantage of just using one location can be a disadvantage too. as you have to manage your goods equally wherever they are. If your location is HU managed, then it is HU managed in the separate building too if you both buildings are just one location.