cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Report : BEx queries with Hierarchy in prompt is not working in iPad (SAP Mobile)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to create a prototype mobile reports (Web Intelligence) for iPad.

When we tried creating the report from BEx with hierarchy prompt the report is crashing or returns error.

Is it product limitation (or) we need to do any setup changes ?

BOBJ       : BI40 SP4 P7

BW          : 7.3 SP8

Thanks,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is your mobi client version and BO mobile server version?

I tested this on mobi 4.4.18 and mobile server 14.0.5.882, I had no issues with a simple test using a Hierarchy in the report and a Hierarchy prompt:

So it is probably because you are not running on the latest version.

Best regards,

Victor

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If  you are using hierarchies in your reports, you cannot use neither OLAP UNV universe nor multisource UNX universe because these two options does not support hierarchies in reports.

SAP is aware of some limitations and issues based on hierarchy prompts. Please check the document below for these issues.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001427812012E/44x_mobiOS_rn_en.pdf

Check the section on "Prompt issues in documents based on data sources having hierarchy objects (such as OLAP and BW)."

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayarajan,

In my experience we had a lot of crashs when we developped the mobile reports on top of bex queries. Instead try building a universe in between. It is much more stable.

Hope it helps.

Edit1. Also, LOV makes it crush more frequently. On universe level I suggest you make the filter alphanumeric and without LOV and with a simply english-character-only prompt text.