cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CAF SC in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have created a new SC which has to be used for WD, BPM and CAF Development components. Until now we don't have any projects with CAF. This will be the first one.

According to SAP Note 1457908 we have used following BuildTime Dependencies for our new SC:

BPEM-BUILDT

BPEM-CONTENT

COMP_BUILDT

CU-BASE-JAVA

CU-BASE-WD

DATA-MAPPING

ECM-CORE

ENGFACADE

ESCONF_BUILDT

ESMP_BUILDT

ESP_FRAMEWORK

FP-INFRA

FRAMEWORK

LMNWAUIFRMRK

MOIN_BUILDT

SAP_BUILDT

SERVICE-COMP

THL-CORE

WD-RUNTIME

CAF

After CMS Reload under NWDI / Landscape Configurator and extending our existing track I have tried to check out the SC in NWDS. Somehow the CAF DCs are not loaded. Also CAF does not have any dependencies??:

In Local Development I can see those DCs beloning to CAF and the dependencies of CAF:

Under Track-Data NWDI everything looks ok:

What do I miss here? Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Koray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the missing step is the import.

Please go to CMS webui --  Transport Studio -- Check-in tab, and check in all the required SCs.

Once it is done they will show up on the Development tab with status "Waiting for Import".

Please import all of them, and once it is done then repeat this step on the Consolidation tab too.

If every import was succesful, then restart your NWDS, reimport the development configuration, and this time you will see the SCs are not empty any more.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

also important, always checkout from the inactive workspace. On your second screenshot the SCs are blue coloured, because you are listing the "All". Change the dropdown All to inactive.

But as mentioned this information is only relevant once you imported the software, i.e. completed the steps I pointed out in my previous post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for the quick reply. But I don't see any related SC under Checkin Tab. There is only one entry

looking like this:

I also saw under assembly tab that our new SC is the only one with the status "Waiting for assembly".

Regards,

Koray

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is most likely because you did not download the SCAs from the service marketplace and did not copy it into the CMS inbox. At least this is my first guess.

If this is not the case, then please check this note:

#1259604 – CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ervin. I was not aware of that we didn't imported this SC (SAP CAF 7.30) until now. After downloading it from marketplace and going thru checkin / development / consolidation, it worked also in NMDS.

Regards,

Koray

Answers (0)