cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

I wanted to ask why does CTM not consider the Fairshare from the Location specific Product Master?

The settings maintained in the demand tab are to consider the SALES ORDER over the Forecast using the ATP Category special sorting (in the Demand Tab of the CTM profile).

When i run the CTM, the result i get is my stock is satisfying the SALES ORDERS & then it is fulfilling the 1st come first Forecast with whatever stock i have, rather than distributing it using Fairshare.

[Note: The Order category we are maintaining in the SUpply profile is STOCK ONLY, no Planned orders].

Best Regards

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

CTM is order-by-order planning tool and orders are characterized by different parameters such as order priority, order date, size, product, locations, etc. This planning engine does not consider deployment rules in the supply distribution. At most, it considers the quotas for supply distribution.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So CTM doesnt support Fair share?

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel,

Unfortunately, CTM does not support fair share distribution. We need to use SNP deployment functionality to consider the additional distribution rules while confirming the proposals generated by SNP heuristics, CTM, or optimizer.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if i Run the Deployment Heuristics after the CTM run....will that satisfy my requirement of Fairshare??

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel,

There is an issue with SNP deployment with respect to your scenario. As either deployment heuristics or optimizer does not recognize the fixed pegging relationship (created by CTM run) i.e. your preference of covering sales orders will be lost. However, SNP deployment optimizer can meet your requirement with strict prioritization along with distribution rules as fair share and push distribution by demands. Consider the following example:

Supply network:

Plant1 -> DC1

Plant1 -> DC2

Initial situation:

Stock@plant1: 500CS

On 3/12/2013, there are 3 requirements.

Sales Order@DC1: 400CS

Forecast@DC1: 100CS

Forecast@DC2: 100CS

When CTM planning run is executed with demand and location priorities, you can expect the following solution (assuming one day transit between source and destinations and supply category consists of stock only).

On 3/11/2013

The distribution demand for plant1

STR1 from DC1: 500CS (400CS for sales order and 100CS for forecast @DC1 whereas forecast@DC2 is ignored).

1. SNP deployment heuristics run:

• Based on CTM run result - STR1 will be confirmed and forecast@DC2 will be ignored i.e. all 500CS will be supplied to DC1.
  • Based on real time deployment option - A SNP heuristics run will be executed considering the current demand and supply situation at source and destination locations (i.e. Plant1, DC1, and DC2) i.e. STR1 from DC1 for 500CS and STR2 from DC2 for 100CS. This will alter the ATD issues situation at source (plant1) and hence, the available stock 400CS will be transferred to DC1 and DC2 based on fair share rules. Assume our fair share rule is based on demands i.e. DC1 gets 417 CS (500*500/600) and DC2 gets 83CS  (500*100/600).

2. SNP deployment optimizer run:

With strict prioritization and deployment parameters as fair share distribution by demands if there is supply shortage and otherwise push distribution by demands, the optimizer solve considers the demand priorities and considers the demands at destination locations rather than at plant (as in the case of deployment heuristics).

We can expect that STR1 from DC1 for 400CS (sales order) , STR2 from DC1 for 100CS (forecast), and STR3 from DC2 for 100CS (forecast). STR1 will have a priority 1 whereas STR2 and STR3 will have priority 2. The optimizer first confirms the order STR1 with 400CS and remaining 100CS will be distributed evenly to DC1 and DC2. (This last sentence needs to be validated in the system).

Thanks,
Rajesh

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually neither CTM with SNP Deployment Heuristics or CTM with SNP Deployment Optimizer will consider fair share.  CTM uses priorities and Deployment optimizer uses costs.  Both methods will assign the available supply to the destination with highest priority or highest penalty costs.

You need to be "creative" to simulate fair share.  You can do this in CTM and within Optimizer.

The only real option is to use SNP Heuristics then Deployment Heuristics to consider fair share.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Pl check the following screenshot and SAP documentation. It does support the fair share distribution.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Supply Shortage: Fair Share Distribution By Demands

Use

This indicator applies if there is a supply shortage (that is, an insufficient available-to-deploy quantity (ATD quantity) to fulfill the demand at the demand locations). If you set this indicator, the main objective of the deployment optimizer is to evenly distribute the ATD quantity to the demand locations based on the demands of the demand locations. The quantities calculated here are distributed by taking into account the costs at the demand locations. For example, if transportation costs are high, the optimizer can decide not to distribute the allocated amount directly to a demand location, but rather to make a detour through another location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenneth - My requirement will not be satisfied using SNP Heuristics as my 1st & top most requirement is to Satisfy the Sales orders over the Forecast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do u think ll accomplish the requirement...

Running CTM followed by the Deployment OPtimizer??

Just running Deployment Optimizer??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now when i am running my CTM everything is satisfied except the Fairshare

So after running the CTM i am only left by the Fairshare to be satisfied...

So after CTM....running Dep optimizer would be appropriate or if i use just the Deployment optimizer will that suffice??

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Given that CTM's fixed pegging relationships are not recognized by SNP deployment optimizer, I would prefer using the SNP heuristics and deployment optimizer combination.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

so running Deployment Optimizer 1st followed by the SNP Heuristics???

coz Sales orders over Forecast is our top most priority..

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deployment optimizer should be able to recreate the stock transfers respecting the demand prioritization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dnt see deplyment optimizer satisying all my So's before going to the Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintained Strict Prioritization...with Customer Demand in the selection...

In the Deployment Parameters i maintained Fair Share once  also tested by checking once maitaining Distribution based on the Lowest cost  for Supply Shortage....both are not satisfying My Sales order Prioritization...also maitained the Location specific penalty cost for the Sales orders more than Forecast in the Location/Product Master....

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rachel,

That is the issue right?

You want to satisfy sales orders before forecast.  But then you want fair share?

How can you accomplish both?

You want fair share only with same demand category (forecasts or sales orders) but not among both?

I am not aware of any solution.  Deployment Optimizer with fair share treats forecasts and sales orders the same as far as I know?  Did you verify this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing i want to confirm if:

* Strict Prioritization when given for Customer demand.....Will this override the Fairshare during the Shortage Supply?

or it will first follow the strict Prioritization & select the SALES ORDERS & then while generating the STR's it will follow the Fairshare....

Coz while testing i i haven't yet seen the desired result....ll perform couple more tests n then confirm

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes fairshare will satisfy both sales orders and forecast.

I am not aware of a way to do fairshare of sales orders then fairshare of forecast.

Maybe run optimizer for sales orders only first then run it again for forecasts?

By modifying the cost profiles?

Answers (0)