cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can be set as fix the schedule line dates in a SO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

When users create a SO, system proposes the schedule line dates. Delivery, goods issue, loading, material availability and transportation planning dates. They are calculated based on route master, material master and so on... In majority of cases these dates need to be adapted manually. Some examples:

• The vessel leaves the day 5th of March, for example. System can not take leaving dates into account, as route contains only number of trip days, but vessels doesn't leave every day and there are no fixed dates. Afterwards, shipping line confirms the dates, depending on many factors.

• Some days in every country, it's not allowed to transport goods in a truck. These days vary depending on every country of the route, so route master can not cover these cases

• Groupage in trucks (goods of several companies grouped together in a truck), have specific departure dates, decided by the forwarder

• Many other cases…

Once user sets manually these dates, afterwards they can be modified in next cases:

• SO is credit-check released

• Stock has been assigned by backorders or by VA02

That forces users to review the dates continously to modify them back to the real dates.

Would it be possible that, once schedule line dates have been set by the user, they are not modified unless users change them manually? I think that ATP standard check covers confirmed quantity and dates determination. Could we make that date determination is a system proposal only when creating the item for the first time? That means that, after users can set right dates, they won’t be modified by other processes, unwantedly.

Any help would be very appreciated,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also have this defaulted automatically with respect to Sales area.

Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements - Transfer of Requirements - Define Default Settings.

For your case as you have users manually checking and confirming the date, it is always better to manually set this fixed date and qty check in Sales order item as Shiva said.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan and Shiva,

Many thanks for your answers. I have checked using this flag, but functionality is still not what we need:

• When a SO is released from credit check, system redetermine the schedule dates fixed beforehand by the user
  • Backorders of the SO is not allowed with the flag. We need that backorders is allowed but that system doesn't redetermine the dates when assigning the stock

Maybe that's not possible with the standard configuration and we need to use some user-exit or BADI?

Thanks and best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nacho,

Yes you are right. I don't think this is possible in standard.

May i know why do you want the orders to be considered for backorder scheduling when you don't really want dates to be redetermined?

We had similar kind of req. If at all you don't need availability check to happen for particular Material, then you may create a Schedule line category deactivating availability check.. Make sure you have proper item and schedule line category detemination in place.

So, in this case there wouldn't be availability check. Sales order would be confirmed based on planned delivery time.

So, in this case even if backorder scheduling runs, there wouldn't be any impact i believe.

But this is not strongly recommended. In our case, we had some items which can be confirmed without avail check. So, we used this logic.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This field is VBAP-FIXMG.  Review a program called MV45AFZZ and I think the userexit form called "copy to VBAP" and assign the value 'X" to the VBAP-FIXMG field.

Note, consider your scenarios carefully and test accordingly.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhilipan,

Sometimes users set the requested dates, but quantity is not confirmed due to other orders. Then they check with salesmen the other orders urgency, then they decide to assign the stock. That means that system triggers the full ATP check and re-determines the dates.

In our case we need an availability check before delivery creation. And we share schedule line categories with other three countries, so we can not deactivate it.

Many thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Many thanks for your answers. I have investigated further, and found note "833272 Change of delivery and transportation scheduling in SD". It could be useful for us. Therefore I have a couple of doubts:

- What does it mean a schedule line fully or partially referenced?

- A completed schedule line is the same as a fully referenced schedule line??

- Backward and forward scheduling can be assigned in customizing? Where?

Many thanks for your support again,

Best regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- What does it mean a schedule line fully or partially referenced?
- A completed schedule line is the same as a fully referenced schedule line??

Your second query answers the first one.  That is partially referenced is nothing but delivered quantity

- Backward and forward scheduling can be assigned in customizing? Where?

Check in OVLY

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nacho,

Already our experts covered everything.

Just want to highlight one thing here: If you are going to implement any users exits ensure that your excluding other countries and also before you implement in Production carry out complete testing from your end in QAS and also ask other country users to do the regression testing which should cover all the scenarios.

For Backward & Forward schedule: Check below links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/da/76ab04ebea11d1954900a0c9306667/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2077144

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Many thanks for your answers. I think that at the end note 833272 doesn't solve our problem, but your comments and links have been very helpful to understand Sap ATP behaviour. I think that at the end maybe I'll try with some user-exit, userexit_move_field_to_vbep, RV03VFZZ or Exit_saplatpc_002, testing very carefully.

Thanks,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In sales order ->item level ->schedule lines tab you can find a check box "Fixed date and quantity". Can you check the box for each line item and test?

Regards,