cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order with inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we work with a delivery when we receive goods. We book for each pallet an good receipt and get a batch number for it. But the pallet are from one purchase order, so we would like to have on batch no for each pallet and not for each pallet an own batch. All pallets came to the same time and we weigh every pallet and book the good receipt with according weight. 

Is it possible to adjust SAP in order to create one batch no for all pallets?

Any suggestions how we can make the process better?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

we use the migo für the good receipt. For an example we got one purchase order with 500kg. The supplier send 5 pallet à 100 kg. Now we book it to a HU Location with the MIGO. In the migo we enter the weight and book. So we get the delivery for the HU packaging. In the delivery you can find the pallet with the weight of 100 kg and a batch no, which came from the migo.

This processing is necessary because we need one label for each pallet and the weight is different to each pallet. In the end we got five delivery for five pallets.

Do you understand now, what my problem is? I would like to have the same batch for five pallets.

Regards

Danny

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No actually I do not understand what you are doing.

do you post MIGO with 500 or do you do 5 times MIGO with 100?

Does your inbound delivery have 1 main item or 5 main items

where is the batch number generated? in MIGO, or in the delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do post 5 times MIGO with 100. The batch no came from the migo and it is one item with 5 pallets. In the end I got five migo bookings with five delvieries. 100 kg.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want keep your practice then you need to enter the batch number that was created with the first MIGO posting manually in MIGO posting 2 to 5.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that would be possible too. But I thought there is a solution in customizing. But It sounds to me this would be the only chance to get one batch.

Thanks for your help Jürgen.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It really sounds strange that you get a new batch number for each pallet, but this might have to do with the way you perform the receipts.

you just said "We book for each pallet an good receipt "

Can you explain this in more detail, what transaction you use and what steps you do within.