cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material specific text-fields

former_member472479
Participant
0 Kudos

There is a requirement to create material-specific text fields. Those fields should cover maximum 70 characters and should be printed on SAP-Script forms if available.

We cannot use the standard "Basic data text", "Inspection text" and "Internal comment"-text fields since they are already used by other processes.

Could you please tell me what other options can be used for such material-specific fields?

I wonder if we could use SO10-text objects (prefix + material = "ZINS_materialnumber").

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is acceptable for your master data team to maintain a text in SO10, then it is certainly an option.

But as you do not have any validation between a text name and the material number in this case I suspect that you will spend some time in analyzing when the text does not appear because of a typo in the name.

Maybe a small program to maintain such long texts (via function module WRITE_TEXT) is more useful as you can add some coding to check existence of material master etc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may use the gerneric object service/generic business tools (GOS/GBT) to add unlimited attachments per object key (in your case the material#). A simple attachment type is a text note.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c8/96c998142f11d389940000e8216438/frameset.htm

If you need to read attachments by own code, you may check the business object repository access methods.

Hope this gives you an idea of the powerful GOS.

Best regards,

Matthias