cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read browser size (area available to application)

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need to build an application differently in ABAP WD depending on the size of the inner area of a browser. I searched and couldn't find any way to do it with ABAP WD. Do you know how I can read this information?

Thanks a lot,

Ioan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer is you do not try to determine the size of the screen, you instead figure out the browser agent and adapt your application dynamically. See the attached discussion for details.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3292120

ioan_radulescu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks first of all - this seems to be quite obscure on these forums.

That is not enough - i don't care about the mobile aspect here, only different computer screens. There are computers with 800px screen width, and computers with 1200px. In the sap portal you can define different layouts of a composite page depending on the available size of the browser, but not in ABAP WD (yet?). I would have expected that at least FPM configurations allow you to define different layouts for different resolutions. It's obviously not supported at all in ABAP WD to read rich information of the browser.

Not to mention that I would like to know whether the screen is truly high-def (retina) or not.

We'll go the UI5 way probably, ABAP WD seems to be very badly adapted to the new world (BSP was better adapted actually, even though not as clean).

Kind regards and thanks,

I.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar experience with WDA. SAP has decided to make WDA an abstraction layer. The side effect of this abstraction layer is that for instance you can't write any Javascript code without disturbing the WDA runtime. UI5 is probably to way to go. or any other WDA expert with the deep knowledge of WDA could probably confirm that. In fact if you use the SCN search there are many discussions saying the same.

Answers (0)