cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Support Pack Stack for Abap ECC 6 Back end to use with PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking for the documentation/notes with the recommended support pack level for ECC6 Abap without any EHP  as i need to install P.I 7.3.I would like to check if there are any prerequisites on the back end

Any ideas will be welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudzingwa,

We are correctly using the SAP PI 7.3.1 and we installed
support pack ECC6 ABAP with EHP5.

Regrds,

Ramana

0 Kudos

Hello everybody...

What if I have ECC 5.0 and XI 3.0 but I want to upgrade at first just XI 3.0. IS ECC 5.0 compatible with PI 7.3 ?

Thanks for your response...

Carlos.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has separate up-gradation strategy for ECC and PI.

When it comes to integration, you have to look into perspective of existing landscape, time frame and also its impact on business roll outs.

Though technically it would be shifting on new version, lots of other key engagement points need to be considered before taking decision, along with ECC and PI version.

Regards,

Sunil

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ECC 6.0 is compatible with all recent version of SAP PI, PI 7.x including PI 7.31 which is available as Process Orchestration Package as well, I am not sure about XI 3.0.

From SAP PI 7.3 perspective, prerequisite constraints are mainly on SAP PI end only.

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil

But what is the support pack on ECC6 back end should you have as the minimum requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what is the support pack stack on ECC6 backend should you have as the minimum requirement?

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are going ahead with PI 7.3, I don't think there would be any SP incompatibility with ECC 6. you can opt for latest SP available.

Basic aim of the of Minimum SP Stack Levels is to reduce direct as well as indirect costs during the maintenance process when applying SP Stacks caused by dependencies between multiple SAP applications.

In my view there wont be any issues so far, I can see.

Just for a thought

ECC6 SP23 is expected in April'13 while SAP PI 7.3 SP9 in March'13, though this is approximate expected schedule.

Hope this will help.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos