cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict master data when doing version copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When doing version copy, the performace is not good as in standard way, all master data will be copied from source version to target version.

Is it possible to copy master data based on some restriction? I mean we just want specific locations and resources get copied.

BR.

Allen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clarified that partial location or partial resource copy is not supported currently.

Thank you for your comments, gentlemen.

0 Kudos

Dear Allen,

The Version Copy filters are only applicable for the Transaction data and not for the Master Data. The Master Data Copy is actually the Version Specific Master Data Copy. Most of the master data is at model level and common for all the version within the same model

The Parallel Processing in the Version Copy is also valid for the Transaction data copy and is not effective for the Master Data copy

Lot of time is spent to copy Tlane and Quota. If we are able to delete redundant Tlanes and Quota entries from the data base the performance will improve.

Regards

Gaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alien,

Yes. You can do so using  TA : /sapapo/vercop  Just give your selective criteria for locations,products etc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/4c/90fb7087213d88e10000000a42189e/content.htm

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try /SAPAPO/VERCOP ("Copy planning version")? You can filter by the usual fields (material, center, resource...). If you go through /SAPAPO/MVM, you can't. You can also parallelize, but you would have to play with the parameters to obtain a reasonable gain.

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer. While any functionalities which finally use FM

/SAPAPO/VERSION_COPY_INTERNAL is not applicable to my scenario.

/SAPAPO/VERCOP also uses this FM to do version copy.

Location parameter in this FM is only used to get related MATLOC, but not a restriction for location copy.

Version A

Location L1

Location L2

When copy version A to version B, whatever i restrict loation to L1 or not, both L1's and L2's version-dependent attributes get copied.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

In /N/SAPAPO/VERCOP you have the option to set copying scope under screen "Copying scope in detail" in section "Restriction via Location Products".

Give it a try and let me know for any issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean that if you want to select:

product1 - locationB

product2 - locationA

and for that, you select:

prods= p1,p2

loc=A,B

you end up with

p1-A, p1-B, p2-A, p2-B,

that is, with 2 extra location-products?

Then I agree you are in trouble and to my knowledge the only solution is to copy the code behind the transaction (hence play with the FM as you suggested)

May be in 7.02 is different, somethings were change to improve version copy...

thanks,

J.