Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Watches settings

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

since today you can choose if you want to receive emails from your Watches or not. The settings can be found in your <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/editwatches!default.jspa">Watches overview</a>: There is a new column "Email" with checkboxes next to the watched item. If the checkbox is checked, you will receive emails, if not, you won't.

Furthermore, the default settings for forum and category Watches is changed: If a new watch is created for a forum/category, emails won't be sent by default anymore. But you can still change this by marking the checkboxes mentioned above, then you will get emails for every change in the respective forum/category.

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the selection parameters select all sales orders that have condition type ZPRO. This is determined by searching table KONV where KONV-KNUMV = VBAK-KNUMV and KONV-KSCHL = “ZPRO

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And it looks like now it also attracts general answers. Unless the post above is a question ;-).

Regards,

Martin

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly is it about <i>this</i> thread that attracts all these random questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

It also have been amusing me for the time of this thread existence.

Approximately once a 2-4 weeks here appear questions like what/were/how do X, Y Z in SAP? Having nothing in common with the topic and answers. They are not seen here now because were moved to more appropriate forums.

But they still appear. Maybe these questions are posted by the alience trying to understand the SAP environment as a key to the Earth conquest???

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

I reckon if we understand the answer to this question, we may be one step closer to the secret of getting people to search for answers before posting in the forums.

Cheers,

Mike

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

and you guys missed the funny aspect of my post in that the link I sent is the one behind the little question mark in the upper right corner of the page - doh!

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I must be so stupid that didn't get you. :==(((

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please guide me how posting is done in this forum

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This URL provides information on posting and forum operations.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fe6cf0c7-0501-0010-dda5-f3a...

Best Regards,

David

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Do you know why right now i can't give points to forum .. ?

Usually in my own thread i have an option of points i can assign ..

Why now i can't find them .. ? Is that any problem in SDN ? / Do i miss some setting here ??

And i also can't see my reward points ..

I'm running the SDN using mozila web-browser.

Regards,

Niel.

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Niel,

We have taken the points system off line for debugging. It was identified as a source of instability and our priority is to maintain site availablity. We are working 100% on resolving the points system issue and hope to have it restored soon.

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please tell me the details to create a display profile in SAP so that

only viewing (for all t-codes) is possible.

Pls send soon

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

any one please send make to order scenario as well as sd and pp settings in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi al im not able to use search forums options since yesterday ,whatever i write

for eg i serached by writing sample alv reports it displayed

No search results for "sample alv report". You should try a less restrictive search.

Did you mean: sample Alva report .

i want to search the forums ,can anybody help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Searching doesn't work temporarily. When the indexes are rebuilt, you'll be able to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

my requirement is like this i want to display employee information in forms

how can i proceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

It's great. I have already started using the option. Earlier, I had to go & remove the Tick through Control Panel & now it is very convientent.

In future, if possible, we would like to have the option of attaching attachment, as some questions can be answered along with screenshots for clearity.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Someone have used or bought this configuration package.If yes, I would like to know your opinion please.

Thank you!

Gregory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I am not getting email for my watches. I used to, but I don't seem to anymore. I checked the spam filter at my company and the email notifications are not being held up there.

Any help?

Thanks,

Nick

Message was edited by:

Nick Bertz

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you go to <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/usersettings!default.jspa">Your Control Panel</a> and that you have checked off the checkbox properly for all the forums, categories, and threads you wish to track.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

I have checkmarks in the EMAIL column for every watched thread listed, but I still don't get emails when they are updated with new posts?

Is there something else that I need to check?

Thanks,

Nick

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know this sounds trivial, but after checking the checkboxes, be sure to press the "update" button. This resolved a problem I had recently.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

I have tried that, and still no luck. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! (as you know I am still not getting notifications)

Thanks for the help thus far, any other ideas?

Nick

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My final one would have been with multiple userids, but I see you don't have them.

I've sent a note to your email listed here and also have forwarded this to tech support. If you don't get my email, we know that the problem is with your side.

If my direct email gets through, we can imagine the problem is on ours

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haven't heard from you after direct email (perhaps that intimates a problem on your end) but I did hear back from our own tech support.

This is what they wrote:

Suggestion: Please have the user check with the IT department in his organization and see if they have a corporate filter that might be doing the blocking. Some IT departments do this and don't tell their users anything about it. They tend to block out entire domains.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

Thanks for following up. I did not recieve your mail. I will check with my IT department to see if they can figure out why the messages are not getting through.

What would the originating email address(s) be for emails from SDN forums?

From what I can tell, I have the following white listed:

sdn@sap.com

sapnetwork.notification@sap.com

sap@mailsap.com

notification@sapnetworkmail.com

Thanks,

Nick

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct from my perpective:

notification@sapnetworkmail.com is what is generating the SAP Forums posts.

I'm guessing my own "personal" email to you was blocked as well. We ran some additional checks (I had a hiccup with some of my notifications which were resolved when I "re-saved" my watches), but otherwise it looks like it may be something to check with your IT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

We made sure to 'whitelist' those addresses on all email filters.

I'll see if the email delivery starts to work. I'll let you know if the problem persists. I am very surprised that your personal email would've been blocked.

Thanks for your help,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marilyn,

Looks like the problem still exists. The last email our system recieved was on May 7th. Haven't had anything since, but I know there have been updates to threads I have been watching.

I also deleted all my watches so I only have a couple now (with the email option). Still no luck though, even with the whitelisting, and creating new watches.

Is there anything else we could try or investigate?

Thanks a lot for the efforts!

Nick

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for your continued challenges with this, Nick. I've checked with our platform team and they see from their side that your watches are set correctly. (Of course they might have checked before you renewed these and did housekeeping). I'll remind you once more to be sure to enable the watch settings with checkboxes and SAVE.

Lastly, I will attempt to email you with my sap email address to see if there may be some problem on your end with delivery.

According to our tech support, everything on your end looks good in terms of settings. It is frustrating that the watches are not notifying you properly.

Hopefully we can find some reason and address.

Marilyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Marilyn,

I changed my email address on my SDN profile https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/updateprofile

Hopefully that resolves the issue. (10 pts)

Thanks again!

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hello,

>

> since today you can choose if you want to receive

> emails from your Watches or not. The settings can be

> found in your

> <a href="https://forums.sdn.sap.com/editwatches!default.js

> pa">Watches overview</a>: There is a new column

> "Email" with checkboxes next to the watched item. If

> the checkbox is checked, you will receive emails, if

> not, you won't.

>

> Furthermore, the default settings for forum and

> category Watches is changed: If a new watch is

> created for a forum/category, emails won't be sent by

> default anymore. But you can still change this by

> marking the checkboxes mentioned above, then you will

> get emails for every change in the respective

> forum/category.

>

> Regards,

>

> Michael

hi all pls send me smart forms steps.

thanks in advance

shiv pujan

<b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

please give sap r/3 4.7 installation steps and

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am watching forum 'BI Suite – Business Explorer', however when I view 'my watches' there are no watches setup and therefore I cannot turn it off. How can I stop the emails coming when I am away next week?

Thanks,

Peter

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I checked your account and I saw that you are subscribed to the BI Suite forum. But not with the S user you just used to post the question, but with your P user.

Regards,

Michael Goeck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

this is my question:created an interactive report for displaying vendor information

based on the selection made by the client.The transactions made by the vendor with the client till date will be displayed in detail.On selection further details of the selected line is made available in the secondary list like credits availed by the client on purchase,delivery details of the vendor,payment details of the client .

For above question i choose the tables are LFA1,LFM1,LIKP.

for this selection-screen contains input fields are lifnr,erdat.

In output screen, basic list contains fields are lifnr,name1,land1.

First secondary list contains fields are ekorg,waers,ekgrp.

Second secondary list contains fields are vbeln,lfart,lfdat.

Third secondary list contains fields are faksk,fkarv,fkdat,fkaiv,fkdiv.

I want to know for the above requirement, wheither we have to map data from above tables and also i want to know these input/output fields are right or wrong.

If any change is required,please tell as soon as possible.

I want to know its exact solution.

Waiting for your reply!

Sujata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sujata.U are not respond my questions.This question is very essential for me.I am waiting for your ans.Please help me.

This is my requirement:

created an interactive report for displaying vendor information

based on the selection made by the client.The transactions made by the vendor with the client till date will be displayed in detail.On selection further details of the selected line is made available in the secondary list like credits availed by the client on purchase,delivery details of the vendor,payment details of the client .

For above requirement i choose the tables are LFA1,LFM1,LIKP.

for this selection-screen contains input fields are lifnr,erdat.

In output screen, basic list contains fields are lifnr,name1,land1.

First secondary list contains fields are ekorg,waers,ekgrp.

Second secondary list contains fields are vbeln,lfart,lfdat.

Third secondary list contains fields are faksk,fkarv,fkdat,fkaiv,fkdiv.

I want to know for the above requirement, wheither we have to map data from above tables and also i want to know these input/output fields are right or wrong.

If any change is required,please tell as soon as possible.

I want to know its exact solution.

Waiting for your reply!

Sujata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata

Perhaps you don't understand the way that the SDN forums work.

First of all, it is not a replacement for support or training. People post questions to the forums, but there is no obligation for anyone to answer. Most of the time people will, but you can't count on it.

Secondly, the forums are organised by topics. The are you have put this question in is more general in nature, and not that many people watch it. Your question is related to more to the SAP product functionality and you may get more responses in anotehr forum. If you use the Forums link at the top of the page you will see a list of topic areas. One of the forums under "ABAP Development" may be appropriate.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question relating to watches. There used to be a link next to a user's name when you viewed his/her posts that would allow you to watch the user (rather than a specific thread). I can't seem to find this anymore. Has this functionality been removed? If it's still available, how do I get to it?

Thanks!

- April King

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can only watch those who have enabled it - have a look in your control panel and you'll see what I mean.

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mike is right: According to European law standards, you have to agree to be watched. That's why we had to change the settings: One has to check the checkbox next to "Allow other user to watch me:" in your Control Panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I remember that default emailing after the new thread creation was set mainly for newbies: many of them don't come back after the thread creation (as it was with me too). Automatic mail with the answers to the question prompts the fresher to come back.

Is it against any law?

Best regards,

Eugene

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

not sure if I got you right: After creating a thread you always have an automatic watch on this thread, to be informed when an answer to the question is available. To my knowledge, this is not against any law.

Legal issues occur when we would offer the possibility to track the forums activity of any user, we are talking about user watches here. The forum software supports this by default, but we had to modify this so that a user has to agree first before another user can watch him.

Regards,

Michael Goeck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You've lost me. In your first message you wrote that "If a new watch is created for a forum/category, emails won't be sent by default anymore.".

And in your last answer you say that "After creating a thread you always have an automatic watch on this thread".

So, do we have an automatic default emailing after the new thread creation, or not?

Best regards,

Eugene

Message was edited by:

Eugene Khusainov

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

we have four types of watches:

- forum watches (get notified on every update in a specific forum)

- category watches (get notified on every update in a specific category)

- thread watches (get notified on every update in a thread)

- user watches (get notified on every update made by a user)

As you can imagine, <b>forum and category watches</b> cause very high mail traffic, also the number of messages that bounce back is quite high. So we made a change here and will no longer send emails by default for these two watch types; however, you can still receive mails, but you have to configure this in the watch settings.

For <b>thread and user watches</b>, nothing has changed. You will receive emails by default for both watch types.

Regards,

Michael Goeck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael for your comprehensive answer.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sir,

im satish.j new to this forum n i have many queries but how can i send that queries plz tell me .

tahnk u