cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceed error at the time of down payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have uploaded budget of Rs. 1000 for FC 9001000 and commitment item 70500040. I have created PO for Rs 1000. While making downpayment request through F-48 for Rs 1000 system is giving error for budget exceeded for mentioned FC and CI. (message no. FMAVC008)

Update profile used is 101.

Thanks and Regards,

Harshal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I think this is a normal behavior.

In F-48 you can't reference the PO. So, the system "think" you are making a "new" downpayment.

If you had a PO, you shoud continue the process with MIRO (instead F-48).

I hope this help.

Regards,

Oswald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While making down payment with reference to PO, budget should not get consumed. But its getting consumed, so getting budget exceeded error.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal

This is a standard behavior, If PO commitment exits  (amount type 0100) then no additional budget consumption occur while posting of down payment by givising PO and item reference no,  In this case PO commitment amount gets reduced with PO down payment amount (amount type 0200). If PO commitment deos not exists then budget consumption will be created while posting of down payment. 

Please check the below sap notes on this issue.

1. sap note Note 537439

2. sap note 1001216

3. sapnote_0000532725

4. sapnote_0001001216

5. sapnote_0001279351

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes PO commitment get reduced and new commitment is created for down payment. But -

1) if GR is posted before downpayment, then system is not allowing to post down payment means it is not reversing GR commitment

2) if down payment is posted first, then it is not reversing down payment commitment at the time of GR so giving budget exceeded error.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Point no 1. In general Down payment/Advance will be posted before posting of GR doc. Once GR is posted PO commitments will be convered to actuals.  GR actuals will not get reversed unless and until if you reverse the GR doc.

Point no 2. As I said once down payment get posted  then PO commitments convereted to actuals with the value of down payment.  When you  reverse the down payment doc (before GR) original objects copied (PO objects) and reverse the document. Further more you need not reverse the down payment doc, if you make the below settings.

Make the configuration setting of 'Activate the DP Clearing and DPR Clearing and update' so that whenever GR document is generated down paymetn doc automatically gets cleared. No need to reverse the down payment doc again.

Check and revert if any issue

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Point no 1. In general Down payment/Advance will be posted before posting of GR doc. Once GR is posted PO commitments will be convered to actuals.  GR actuals will not get reversed unless and until if you reverse the GR doc.

Point no 2. As I said once down payment get posted  then PO commitments convereted to actuals with the value of down payment.  When you  reverse the down payment doc (before GR) original objects copied (PO objects) and reverse the document. Further more you need not reverse the down payment doc, if you make the below settings.

Make the configuration setting of 'Activate the DP Clearing and DPR Clearing and update' so that whenever GR document is generated down paymetn doc automatically gets cleared. No need to reverse the down payment doc again.

Check and revert if any issue

Regards

Rao

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

You are created a PO with F1+C1 and making Down Payment through F-48 with PO reference, hence  checking for Commitment Budget.

If u dont want AVC Check at Down payment request, you need to configure Settings for exclusion of value types i.e Down payment requests 58 and Down Payments 61.

Hence AVC check will not happen when you make down payment throguh F-48 with reference to PO.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. Pls guide me where we can exclude the value type for not checking the AVC.