cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does System allows buyers to choose from the multiple quotes provided by supplier for award???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

In Some RFX, we add more than two INCO TERMS(e.g DDP and EXW) and allow suppliers to quote for all the Inco Terms added for the event.

But at the time of awarding what i have observed is that System automatically selects the minimum quote provided by the supplier and it doesn't allow buyers to select from the multiple quotes provided by the supplier for awarding.

e.g Supplier Quotes for DDP(Inco Term) - 100   and For EXW(Inco Term) - 110

Now at the time of awarding system doesn't allow buyers to choose from the two quotes provided by supplier and automatically selects minimum price quote which is DDP(Inco Term) quote 100 in this example 

Whereas we want buyers to select the response on the basis of the preference not the system to select it for buyers.(For e.g buyers should be able to select EXW price 110 and award it)

Is this the normal behaviur of the system??

Is there any way through which we can achieve this??

We are using SAP Sourcing 9.0 system and Unit price as Pricing Structure.

Thanks in Advance and Help will be appreciated

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I have run into this issue before, this is the normal behavior of the system.

The only way around it that I could see is for the buyer to enter the award and delete the system award against the line item and then manually award the line item to the supplier with the correct incoterm.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response,

I don't see any option of deleting a published award!!!

Can you help me with how to delete the system award??

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Manually awarding a line item can only be done when the award is in phase In Progress.

To do this enter the award then click on:

Line Item Rules & Allocations Tab > (The Line Item to manually award) > Allocate Manually

You can now click the bin to delete any award the system made.

To create a new award you enter a quantity or percentage of the line item to award and click on show offers, this will then let you choose from all the suppliers and the incoterms they bid on for that line item. Just click on Add to choose the one you need.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

But whenever i  am awarding through "Simple Award" system is creating an award in accepted phase and

in this phase deleting award is not possible and also changing phase to InProgress is not possible.

Does this means that if a Simple Award is created then there is no option of deleting and creating a new award??

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

If you enter the award and click on Actions > Cancel Acceptance you can then change the phase from Completed to In Progress to manually change the award against the line items.

Dan

Answers (0)