cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPS upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to apply ABA and  Java Support Packages, using the Single Support Packages option in JSPM and using SPAM. But before doing that SPS upgrade i want to upgrade the  components SAP KERNEL, BC-FES-IGS and SAPJVM as per the guide recommendation

Let me know if any note or link can help me in this task

System details:pi7.31,abap+java

oracle 11gr2

solaris 5.10

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Ramakrishnann

You can refer the below links for the IGS ,SAPJVM updates.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4b/72d43ac66e1f08e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/06/2dc545743a4f98950eec3f33ee4027/content.htm

For kernel update, you can use JSPM to update your kernel.

Best Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

The link for SAPJVM is not a proper one.Let me know if you can provide me the exact link which will be useful

Regards

Ram

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You can refer the below SAPNotes for SAPJVM updates,

Note 1611326 - Patching the SAP JVM 4.1 manually for NetWeaver 2004 and 7.0

Note 1495160 - SAP JVM as replacement for Partner JDKs 1.4.2

Best Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Now my  SAPJVM_VERSION is 6.1.037.Is there any higher version for SAPJVM .We are doing the support pack activity from sp00 level to sp05 level.

Mayi know will SAPJVM component will have any impact or no impact if we go ahead to SPS 05 level.

Regards

Ram

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Use the below link and apply in your case and see the latest version details.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1171

Best Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot shyam

Regards

Ram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue resolved by changing the VM paramateres "new size "(heap parameters)  in configtool

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to change the run mode from Safe mode to Normal mode so that i can try to start the Java stack again in normal mode

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It seems that i have issue with heap  memory:

more dev_server0

J  Error occurred during initialization of VM

J  Too small initial heap for new size specified: initial=1073741824 bytes, new=1431306240 bytes

F  [Thr 02] *** LOG => SfCJavaVm: abort hook is called.

more std_server0

JVMX version - Feb  4 2013 01:24:54 - 61_REL - optU - solaris sparc - 6 - bas2:188273 (mixed mode)

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Too small initial heap for new size specified: initial=1073741824 bytes, new=1431306240 bytes

let me know how much i can increase and what is the recommended value too

Regards

Ram

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

check this SAP note :Note 723909

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After downloading all the support pack stacks and after upgrading the SAPJVM,SAPKERNEL,IGS and JSPM, am still having an issue and the SPS activity is not proceeding for 1 hour.

The screen is almost standstill.Below are the logs for it and let me know if any solution can be provided.

tail -100 deploy_api.1.trc

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.doExecute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:228)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:153)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.executeListContainer(ActionExecutor.java:180)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:104)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ExecutionDirector.executeAction(ExecutionDirector.java:167)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.admin.ContextExecutor.executePce(ContextExecutor.java:151)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.admin.ContextExecutor.execute(ContextExecutor.java:72)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.runContext(CmdExecutor.java:138)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.executeRun(CmdExecutor.java:110)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.execute(CmdExecutor.java:85)

at com.sap.sdt.tools.main.MainProgram.execute(MainProgram.java:526)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.main(Jspm.java:320)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:164)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.LoginHelper.clientSideLogin(LoginHelper.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:315)

... 45 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: No alive connection. Check state of the server

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:825)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:810)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.ClientConnection.sendRequest(ClientConnection.java:362)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.resolveInitialReference(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:123)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.RemoteBroker.resolveInitialReference(RemoteBroker.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:153)

... 47 more

#

#2.#2013 02 26 09:41:39:583#+00#Error#com.sap.engine.services.tc~bl~deploy~api#

com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001224###C0000A8F01400000000012CD15369FAE###com.sap.engine.services.tc~bl~deploy~api#####7ff55d48b1ca101993998799d5f40a0e###Thread[main,5,main]#Plain##

Could not establish connection to AS Java on [ndlspiaps1:50004]. No alive connection. Check state of the server. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.#

#2.#2013 02 26 09:41:39:583#+00#Error#com.sap.engine.services.tc~bl~deploy~api#

com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001224###C0000A8F01400000000012CE15369FAE###com.sap.engine.services.tc~bl~deploy~api#####7ff55d48b1ca101993998799d5f40a0e###Thread[main,5,main]#Plain##

Could not establish connection to AS Java on [ndlspiaps1:50004]. No alive connection. Check state of the server. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.

[EXCEPTION]

javax.naming.NamingException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Cannot establish connection to the remote server. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.]

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.handleConnectionPropblem(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:416)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:338)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.session.impl.SessionImpl.getContext(SessionImpl.java:215)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.reconnectDeployer(DeployProcessorImpl.java:1954)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.waitResultForOfflineDeploy(DeployProcessorImpl.java:1626)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deployItems(DeployProcessorImpl.java:903)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deploy(DeployProcessorImpl.java:259)

at com.sap.sdt.j710.deploymentmgr.DeploymentManagerImpl.deployList(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:323)

at com.sap.sdt.j2ee.tools.deploymentmgr.AbstractDeploymentManager.deployDeploymentUnits(AbstractDeploymentManager.java:357)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.deploy.AbstractDeploymentManager.deployDeployableUnits(AbstractDeploymentManager.java:2033)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm710.deployment.deploy.DeploymentManager.deployQueue(DeploymentManager.java:498)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.deployment.DeploymentFacade.deployQueue(DeploymentFacade.java:243)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.deployment.DeployQueueStep.deploy(DeployQueueStep.java:411)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.deployment.DeployQueueStep.processUI(DeployQueueStep.java:338)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.wizard.model.CompositeWizardStep.processUI(CompositeWizardStep.java:54)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.deployment.DeploymentProcessController.execute(DeploymentProcessController.java:463)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.gui.DialogController.execute(DialogController.java:532)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.phases.PhaseTypeJSPM.execute(PhaseTypeJSPM.java:131)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.doExecute(AbstractPhaseType.java:873)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.PhaseExecutor.executePhase(PhaseExecutor.java:287)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.PhaseExecutor.execute(PhaseExecutor.java:207)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.executeClassRef(ActionExecutor.java:223)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:108)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.executeAction(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:415)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:276)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.doExecute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:228)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:153)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionExecutor.executeListContainer(ActionExecutor.java:180)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.executeAction(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:415)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ActionListSequentialExecutor.execute(ActionListSequentialExecutor.java:276)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.pce.ctrl.ExecutionDirector.executeAction(ExecutionDirector.java:167)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.admin.ContextExecutor.executePce(ContextExecutor.java:151)

at com.sap.sdt.ucp.admin.ContextExecutor.execute(ContextExecutor.java:72)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.runContext(CmdExecutor.java:138)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.executeRun(CmdExecutor.java:110)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.CmdExecutor.execute(CmdExecutor.java:85)

at com.sap.sdt.tools.main.MainProgram.execute(MainProgram.java:526)

at com.sap.sdt.jspm.main.Jspm.main(Jspm.java:320)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Exception in creating new RemoteLoginContext instance.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:164)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.implclient.LoginHelper.clientSideLogin(LoginHelper.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:315)

... 45 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: No alive connection. Check state of the server

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:825)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:810)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.ClientConnection.sendRequest(ClientConnection.java:362)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.resolveInitialReference(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:123)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.RemoteBroker.resolveInitialReference(RemoteBroker.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.remote.login.RemoteLoginContext.<init>(RemoteLoginContext.java:153)

Regards

Ram

shyam_dontamsetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Check whether your java is up and running? status of the server processes?

The error shows no live connection to java instance.check and let me know the feedback

Best Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Java is not up and it is starting the processess .The status of server0 is waiting to start and it is not showing any error too.

I checked server0.log file too, i could not see any errrors also.

Let me know is it good to bounce the Java stack alone in SAFE mode ?

Will it have any impact on this SPS upgrade activity  too.?

Regards

Ram

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You need to monitor the server node , whether it is getting restarted properly or not.

The error which you have pasted above is coming due to user administrator/j2ee_admin cannot logon to the user.

So checked the default.trc and you will get the exact reason.

I think your server node is not coming up and dispatcher too.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

just got an error in GUI screen .Let me know what further can be done ...Java services server0 is waiting to start and i could see tat all the services are not started

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am unable to login to NWAas the services are down.Now i have changed the few parameters for invoking the Emergency user and still am not able to login to NWA now after the restart so that i can login to UME and remove the lock for the user J2EE_ADMIN

I checked in default traces too ,i could not see any errors too

Regards

Ram

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The best way to perform SPS upgrade is to use SUM.

1. Calculate the stack from MOPZ

2. During calculating it will automatically select the igs.sar , jvm and kernel

3. just put the stack.xml and all the files in EPS/in directoty

start the SUM.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

ABAP:

1> update the kernel to latest patch available(atleast tp n R3trans)

2> Please update SPAM

3> Then define queue and start ABAP patching

Java:

1> generate stack xml

2> Put all package in eps/in and start JSPM and it will take care of JVM and kernel too.

Regards,

Premsukh