cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing data models from BW to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Am trying to import a DSO into HANA from a BW System and I get errors related to tables not being found - for example the active data table of the DSO or the attribute tables of infoobjects present in the DSO. Does the system not import the dependent objects when its trying to import the info-provider.

Not sure if I am missing something here. Pl assist. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

dont move data physically....

a)

Switch to SAP BW on HANA SP8. This should have:

Generate Analytic View for BW InfoProvider via HANA Modeler.

For that, check the paper :

"SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3, SP8, Product Management SAP NetWeaver BW, October, 2012",

than continue with c)

b-alternative):

Introduce a new BI Layer as and in a extra HANA Schema and setup a package.

-Add some Authorizations

-Set up a Calc. or Analytical View on top of the DSO Table

-its not too clear  currently if this SAP supported .

-continue with c)

c-finish:)

Introduce a SAP HANA Virtual Layer in SAP BW:

-Set up a Virtual or Transient InfoProvider on top of the Calc. or Analytical View

d)

get the right license

Best

Martin

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The second option (b) suggested is not supported by SAP. Technically you can build the HANA information models, but it is not advisable.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Also read BW 7.3 SP8 features for data integration between BW and HANA by reviewing my write-up @ http://www.sendspace.com/file/gwhkc2

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I get similar issues while importing cubes. Pl assist. Thanks.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am sure you would have referred to the SAP note for the prerequisite to import BW objects to HANA.

Note 1764251 - Documentation- Importing BW Models in SAP HANA Modeler

The import mechanism is known to have some issues related to display only attributes. I would suggest you to open OSS message for the same.

BTW, active table of the DSO is the center object for the imported model. It has to be there in the generated Analytic view. Can you please post some screenshots of the error.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravindra. I think we have figured it out. We needed to add a new system ( BW system) and import the tables. Now getting authorisations to _SYS_REPO user. Thanks.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Please post if you face any other issues. This is quite a new thing and any experiences are always helpful.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Looking at the Martin's post, can you please confirm if you are importing BW objects as HANA models (Generated Analytic views for DSO and Calc view with Internal Analytic view for InfoCube) or you have a different use case.

The note I mentioned earlier is related to importing the BW objects has HANA information models.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, I can confirm that we are trying to import the objects as Calc and Analytical Views. Looks like the user _SYS_REPO is not able to read the BW tables - I suspect its an authorisation issue which we are trying to resolve. Will update after authorisations issue is resolved. Thanks.

balaji_p5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We have SAP BW on ORACLE database is it possible to load (Cube,DSO) to HANA STUDIO?