cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.31 - Principal Propogation - SAML scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to configure a SAML based scenario using principal propagation on PI 7.31 single-stack.

Can anyone help me here.

Can anyone help me in getting the steps for:

How to configure the Principal propogation in the 7.31 single stack (without using the sxmb_adm or sa38 as it doesnt support ABAP stack)

I have gone through few links/blogs. One of them is below but it doesnt help me in solving the purpose.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b04408cc-f10e-2c10-b5b7-af11026b2...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for the links. Coincidentally i had a look over these links now. I will go through them thoroughly and see if it could be helpful in our configuration as required. But meanwhile can you confirm me/ share details if you have an idea - whether the Assertion certificates can be authenticated if the Sender/Client system is Non-SAP

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Have anyone resolved the above scenario. We need help with the same.

Best Regards,

Naresh

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

We are also having similar requirement on PI 7.31 Single Stack for Principal Propagation.

3rd party --> PI --> SRM (SOAP to Proxy Scenario)

Were you able to configure and test it successfully?

Appreciate if you can share any docs / working links.

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have some idea now of to how to configure the Principal Propagation in single stack and we started on with it. Yet to see how successful it will be.

My concern now here is:

I am using the Assertion certificates sent by my sender side for the authentication (using the SOAP sender adapter). This can be more of a system authentication. But i want the authentication to happen based on user i.e the users to be propagated to the receiver side so that the information displayed/authorized for him only gets populated in the receiver based on his roles. For this we had the idea of Principal Propagation actually.

But does anyone know/have any idea of how to achieve this user based authentication:

1) via SOAP https secure configuration or

2) via SOAP - Task (Axis) protocol can really help here?

If so, please do share with me any such useful information

Thanks in advance,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to achieve this? We are in the process of designing similar things..

We are on SAP PO 7.3 single stack using SOAP to Proxy scenario.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check this thread..

Refer reply from Former Member

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through that link already. But there it was not confirmed whether such scenario can be implemented via Principal Propogation and also there are no clues reagrding the configuration of PP in the 7.31 single stack

It would be really helpful if you can share with me such details

Thanks in advance,

Pradeep

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is reply from Former Member

"SAP confirmed to us that SAML is not currently supported in the SOAP adapter and therefore SAML cannot be configured for a single-stack instance. They have indicated that the implementation of SAML in the SOAP adapter is not currently in any planned EHP/SPs, but this could be considered if enough requests are made for this functionality."

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I do agree with you about David's statement. But if you see there, Christian was informing that he had started up with the scenario implementation & he mentioned "I was told by my Ramp-Up coach that only SAP Assertion Ticket is supported for Principal Propogation". Morever i heard that this kind of scenario will be possible through PP. So if there is way i could get the PP configured in the 7.31 Single stack, it would be a helpful step for us. Request you to help in here

Regards,

Pradeep