cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content Server 6.40 Patch 15 & MaxDB 7.8.02.26

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all, I'm writing here my post because I didn't succeed to find and relative help for my issue.

In order to better organize and consolidate our Kpro's server and CS within my company I'm installing a new server running on Win 2008 R2 64 Bit Std. ENG. and on top of that I've installed the latest version of SAP Content Server 6.40 Patch 15 with MaxDB 7.8.02.26.

The installation works fine and I've created the typical 2 Database instances SDB (Content Server) and CDB (Cache Server).

for the moment I didn't configure yet them in our SAP systemsbut before following the guidelines I tried to test using the URL test patter, calling the DLL form the web.

In the Content Server on port 1090 I succed immediately to execute and was working fine , but now very time that I'm testing the Cache part that is answering on 1095 port is reporting to me a "Blank Page" .

For cache server I'm executing this command on the browser...

http://wysidwsap901:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?serverInfo

If I shutdown IIS I return an error like is normal, but when IIS is up&running I return only a blank page instead of statistics etc..

Can someone help me please on this subject ? I need very quickly to adopt this new kpro in production env.

I appreciate.

thank you & Best Regards

Massimo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer following notes

407520 Information on the Cache Server

351647 Cache Server Administration

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Deepak, unfortunately I already followed what is written on these Sap Notes and others more.

Is in fact the preliminary test on which the Cache is not answering in the proper way. also launching this URL http://server:1095/Cache/CSProxyCache.dll?adminCache&operation=statGet2 the result on my browser is the same... blank page .. no information inside return from the Dll querying.

I already try to recreate the web site for the cache... but nothing .. exactly the same behavior.

I also tried to change port but is the same, in the old didn't answer anymore and in the newest answer again with the blank page.

And what is strange n the same server, on the same Installation, with the same IIS the Content Server part is working properly !!!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check whether any other web service in IIS is using port 1095 ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, in the past I face issue on Backup Exec where use the same port but here is not the case.. perhaps I already try to move this web server also on a different port like 1091 or 1096 but the result was the same.

I try also to downgrade the cache content to level patch lower but nothing change also.

thank you for your support

Best Regards

Massimo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I fix the issue.

it was a matter of Driver within the ini file..

The default was driver=LiveCache and I ddn't found any driver withthis name,

I change in driver=SAP MaxDB CDB that was present in the driver list and now is working well..

Seems that this manual settings is necessary only if adobted MaxDB 7.8

I'll test attached to SAP system in the next days..

thank you in any case.

best regards

Massimo

Answers (0)