cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Goods Issue of the Delivery should not do any Financial postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have a scenario where company wants to sell a particular Material. The material is non-valuated. This materials are stocked on a Quantity basis and not on a value basis. This materials are stock controlled without indicating the values of the stock.

The requirement we have is the Post goods issue against the Delivery using transaction VL02N, should not contain any financial postings because the material will be quantity based only without a value. The default movement type generally used is 601 for PGI.

Can someone pleae advise how to accomplish this requirement. Do I need to use a different movement type instead of 601. Do I need to do any material master configuration changes or do I need to use any user exits.

Regards,
SNK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SNK,

if the GI is done from a non-valuated stock, then it will normally be automatically without FI document.

Did you test and the system behaved differently ?

Best regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

Thank you for the response. I have not tested this. I still need to do testing on this.
I will do some testing soon and post my test results. But before that I was just checking if I can get some pointers.

Regards,
SNK.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

I have tested this and system worked correctly for me. Thank you for your response earlier.

Regards,

SNK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your responses. This are very helpful. I will close this thread once I test this scenario.

Regards,

SNK.

peng_tang
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Through OMS2 configuration of material type, you could customize the material whether is valuated in certain plant. Thanks.

Regards TP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One simple check what you can do is check whether Accounting view has been extended in material master to that non-valuated material.  In normal cases, it is not necessary to get extended for non-valuated material.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

But be aware that it is not the material that is per se valuated or unvaluated.

It is only a certain stock.

So the same material can have both valuated and unvaluated stock (and often has).

The fact that a material has an accounting view does not tell you wether a certain stock is valuated or not (however, if it has no accounting view, it cannot have valuated stock).

When you are delivering from unvaluated stock, then your GI will not have any FI documents, because the GI is also unvaluated in that case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope , the entry you would be liking to see would be your COGS being debited and Inventory getting created, Please post your entry from SAP system once the PGI is done so that we can have much better insights to help you out.

Regards

Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Waseem,

Thank you for the response. I have not tested this. I still need to do testing on this.
I will do some testing soon and post my test results.

Regards,
SNK.