cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currency in customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when ever i am creating a customer, by default the currency in the currency filed of customer master is getting populated with INR. It is ok for domestic customers but for export customers this is creating a problem. Is this a standard behavior??? can this be avoided.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally the Sales Organisation Currency is proposed while creating Customer master.If you want to determine Currency based on country then you have to call Customer Exits  and write a logic to get the value of  country   maintained in KNA1-LAND1 and look for this value in Table T005- Land1 and get the value T005-WAERS(Currency) and copy T005- WAERS in KNVV-WAERS.

I ll recommend to use this method if you are creating customers in mass through any background program or through any third party interface.if you are creating customers individually in SAP then prefer to put currency manually in Sales area data of customer.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe default currency for customer master is from the Sales organization or Company code. Please check if INR is default currency for the Sales org. or the company code.

You should still be able to change it in customer master.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

As rightly mentioned by you. At sales organization level currency maintained is INR.

right now i can change the currency in customer master but my requirement is currecny should not default in customer master.

regards,