cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceed error during Invoice cancelling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing a problem during invoice cancelling using MR8M. Its shows the budget exceeded error for the WBS.

Error:"Budget Exceeded by 300000 INR in doc item 020 WBS element A."

Invoice posting period:2013

PO is of year 2010 (commitment carry forward have also done)

Please suggest the solution and why this error is coming. Your suggestion would be appreciable.

Regards

Shishir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Were the invoice also posted in 2013?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Yes it was posed in 2013. But this issue is resolved now.

Actually the problem was of taxable amount. User was assigning tax to invoice but the PO was  prepared without Tax(V0). And as per general logic, invoice will take that taxable  amount from WBS.So thats why it was throwing the budget exceeded error.

Thanks Experts for showing interest on the thread.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Unfortunately, I am also stucked up in this scenario. But my case is something different than that of yours. In my case, PO was prepared with Taxes (C6) and there is no taxes (V0) in Invoice.

During Cancellation using MR8M, budget exceeded error is coming. I have also checked budget report and there is enough amount available.

I believe, by doing cancellation. I am infact contributing back to the budget. So why system is giving budget exceed error message.

Do I need to change the taxes condition in both PO and Invoice.

Could you please suggest me what you have done in this case.?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the invoice has been made without taxes. Then I think system should not give error on cancellation. Because budget will vary due to taxes but you haven't use tax in invoice also as you said you have enough budget on WBS. It's seems some program bug.

I suggest you to raise a message to SAP. Also let us know the solution.

Regards

Shishir

former_member220517
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you share controlling document entries during invoice posting(MIR7).