cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Load Balancing Server in JCO action block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While using JCO action block in xMII BLS is there any way to use the load balancing message server for the backend ECC instead of a specific AS host?

Thanks,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dipankar,

Alin is correct in his statement that "Load Balancing" is not built into xMII, however it is possible to "fake" this operation. What can be done is an Application Server can be randomly selected, using an "Evenly Distributed" random number. If the system is down then increment to the Next Application server in the list. This list and the application server information can be stored in a XML file or global variable and referenced on demand. This will allow for each transaction to communicate with any Application Server and be able to provide failover if the ERP system is down.

Regards,

Salvatore Castro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was under the impression that this was transparent to xMII. The load balancing entry point/gateway deals with the routing of requests. I would check into this, as I think this works fine with xMII 11.5 with no special handling.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not supported in xMII 11.5 and previous versions.

Verision 12.0 will suppor the Java Resource Adapter (JRA) which has the capability of connecting to the message server. This is the current solution for now and is not able to be backported back to 11.5

FYI: 12.0 is currently entering RampUp and will not be available until the latter part of this year.

Hope this helps! ! !