Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport derivation strategy

former_member211711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

When following IMG activities we see that there is no transport request entry created when defining rules in derivation strategies eg GMAVCDERITPROF,GMAVCDERIACTG.

Also with GMDERIVE, although an entry is created for the actual derivation strategies but they are empty of rules when imported into the test client. Is there a direct way to transport the rules as well as the strategy, or how else are the rules updated?

Many thanks

Aleksey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no img activity to transport derivation strategies. When you are on the derivation strategy screen (not the overview screen), just click the 'truck' icon.

Please read OSS note 1019327 carefully. Please pay attention to section 2 and 4. You'll need RFC connection to transport derivation strategies. You'll need BASIS people's help.

Regards,

Ming

former_member211711
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information!

So are strategies normally updated directly in the target system?

What is the system setting to allow this update - I assume normally in productive system changes to rules are not allowed (exception GMDERIVER transaction)?

Thank you.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey:

From security point of view i do not think that access of even GMDERIVER should be given to users. And addition to derivation rules should be transported in from Development of Production server as guided by Minhong. I see that GMDERIVER one can still delete the derivations lines and as if such things happen directly in Production system then seamless posting in area integrated with GM-GTE like payroll ,MM and FI is halted.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our system, straties and rules have to be transported to the target syste. Users can only maintain rule values.

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Aleksey,

I agree with Minghong Ji. While creating the transport select "Without Values." Values should be maintained in the destination system/client. This is because the master data is likely to be different in each system. Further this has implications for design. Wherever possible avoid rules based on tables (known as derivation rules) and use function modules or  assignment rules instead. Some users (typically those who maintain master data) can be given access to maintain rule values (FMDERIVER, GMDERIVER).

Thanks

Shyam

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minghong:

Can you please guide that how can user be detained from deleting or changing existing derivation rules values in GMDERIVER or FMDERIVER in Live system . I understand that GM or FM master will be created in Live system so that is why we need to maintain rule values in live system but still user can delete or modify existing derivation rules values. I have tried using authorization object F_FICA_KDR and assigned only activities 03,02 to the test user but still he was able to delete the existing rules value. Please guide how this can be avoided.

Regards

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You could do that with BADI_GMDERIVE. Note 1576384 describes how to do that with FMDERIVE, but you could adapt same solution to BADI_GMDERIVE.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1576384

Regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users also have the capability to delete or change existing rule values. But that is part of their responsibility just as they are responsible for maintaining master data.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minhong:

Thanks for your reply, Please guide how can we restrict some users to only change existing rule values, i want authorization for deletion of rules value centralized as at client side the stakeholders for Grants Management are more than one so in  FMDERVER or GMDERIVER i do not want any of them deleting the rules values , they should only be able to add new rules values. How ca this be achieved through authorization objects in GM-GTE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

I do not know how to achieve that. Our FM business owner was concerned about people changing tolerance profile derivation. What we did was having the table log turned on so that he can monitor the changes. The thing is derivation table names are not fixed. Each time you make a transport, the table name in the target client changes (see note 1231815). Our BASIS people always change the names back to the old ones after a derivation strategy transport.

Regards,

Ming

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211711
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful input.