Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtime fase - Process main_newbas/xpras_aimmrg - SAP PI 7.0 to 7.02

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm in downtime fase doing the upgrade of SAP PI 7.0 to EHP 2 but the process main_newbas/xpras_aimmrg it's look like frozen.

I already check the job SM37 - RDDEXECL it's running about 2 hours, the abap instance comes down unexpectedly with 10 dialog instances and 10 background, all process were locked, the curious is that SUM process do not stop with down. I really dont no why.

But with down of the instance, I up the dialog to 20 and background to 11and up machine, when it's up the SUM do not come down and main_newbas/xpras_aimmrg process still running.

The job RDDXECL stop with the down of instance but when instance back online the job starts alone and keep going about 2 hours again.

There isn't any dump, I checked the ST22,

Do you have any idea what's happening ?

Thanks verry much,

Kind regards,

Ricardo Viana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

When you restart SAP instance, your upgrade process is not killed. From SUM window you need to manually exit the process and restart it again.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thanks for replay.

I'm stopping the SAP Instance, but it's not possible to stop the manually process from SUM, there is a warning message "Stopping the Sum process it's not possible".

The anoter option it's kill the process in the task manager of windows, do you suggets that ?

Kind regards,

Ricardo Viana.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

So I did  two times the process of stop/start the instance but I started it fast and nothing happening with SUM, now this time I hold 10 min and SUM did an error.

I marked the option to keep going the process at the part that stoped (main_newbas/xpras_aimmrg) and now the process pass with sucess but I got another error about the .DLL files, but to fix that problem I know.

You must restart the machine and delete the .dll files and start instance and sum  and keep going with upgrade.

If I have any other issue I will post here.

Thanks for now.

Kind regards,

Ricardo Viana.

Message was edited by: Ricardo Viana

Answers (0)