cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill out an existing interactive PDF without having to recreate it on Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Adobe LifeCycle Designer 8 for SAP installed on my workstation.

My task is to recreate on SAP Adobe Designer an interactive PDF representing a government form. I have the interactive PDF of this form as a model to work on. The goal is to provide the user a pre-filled PDF with the data available on our client, and the end result has to match the design of the original PDF.

Instead of recreating the PDF (from scratch or with the help of the Import function, that does a decent job but fails to tackle many details and nuances of the original form), I was wondering if it was possible to import the interactive PDF as a file on SAP and then "fill" it via a function module.

Is this possible?

Quick recap:

What they asked me: Take this interactive PDF. Recreate it on SAP Designer. Create a function module to fill out the recreated form and provide the resulting PDF to the user.

What I'd like to do: Import the interactive PDF on SAP. Create a function module to fill out the original PDF and provide the resulting PDF to the user (something like the Adobe LiveCycle Output component does).

Thank you,

Pietro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

There can be multiple ways

One simplest is to copy the xml of the existing form and create one interface so that you can create an adobe form with reference to that in SFP transaction of Adobe Form in SAP.

Now in designer mode paste the copied XML in XML tab and same form will be created.

Make desired changes in interface and fill some fields as required.

Generate the form by passing the fillable field as X and the form will be created which will be interactive as well as required fields filled.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

thank you for your reply.

The problem is that I have a PDF file, not an XML form.

Is there a way to convert a PDF into an XML form without any loss of quality?

I've started recreating the form on SAP LiveCycle Designer by using the Import function, but the result wasn't too good and it takes time to clean the form and reformatting it.

Thanks,

Pietro

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

If you have a soft copy of PDF on your desktop then you can easily open that pdf by using open with option via Adobe LiveCycle designer.

there you will find a tab named as XML or if you are not able to see it right click on design view or master page and select XML.

From there you can copy the XML and follow the method I suggested above.

Regards,

Sandeep Katoch

Answers (0)